Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from my dealership today. They said the car was dropped off last night sometime after everyone went home. They're going to prep it first thing tomorrow morning, while I drive there to pick it up in the early afternoon (It's a few hours away).

I can't say for sure how soon I'll make it back on the forums to post some first-day pics and feedback. After all, I have a feeling I'll be pretty occupied for a while. But when i do get a chance to post again, I'll be sure to have some pictures.

Looks like I'm going to have a tough time sleeping tonight. I also need to be ready for my face to be sore on Tuesday, because I have a feeling I'll have an ear-to-ear grin for a few hours driving back home tomorrow.

:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That's awesome news, Dave! I can imagine how excited you must be right now. And yeah, good luck with the sleep tonight. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hope you have better luck than I had last week.

Got a call my dealer on Thursday evening informing me that my A5 had finally arrived (ordered on 11/13/07). We arranged to pick it up on Friday afternoon around 530pm, however at 430 he called informing me that the one of the sensors in the engine had failed. Needless to say there was no delivery. Dealer is now trying to locate the part either here in the states or in Germany. Hope to hear something tomorrow morning. I did go over to see the car that evening and it is awesome.

So close yet so far...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that's a bummer. I certainly hope I don't run into anything like that, because it's a bit of a drive to where I'm buying the car. I can only imagine how much of a dagger that must be.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed, and assuming all goes well I'll be returning tomorrow night in a long-awaited new car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.