Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope this doesnt bore u guys 2 much but was a bit bored myself so went down to porsche and test drove a 2007 carrera 4s, pushed it pretty hard on dual carrageway and bendy country roads- was a bit icy tho but at least its 4wd. the car had great feeling of acceleration, torque in all gears and obviously the steering was much sharper then the s5.

the car was up for £50k considering my s5 is prob worth £30k now it didnt feel like £20k more car for my money. i was dissapointed with the porsche bland interior, ride comfort, stiff gear change and heavy pedals. the porsche felt faster than the s5 but not by much to be honest- not 20k more. the noise from the porsche was good but pref the s5 sound track.

i know they are 2 very different types of car but i expected the porsche to really impress me relative to the s5 in most aspects but it didnt, got back in the s5 and felt so much better, its a much better package IMHO but i guess every one has their own opinion and ur paying for the badge to some extent.

parked the s5 next to the 4s, the s5 looked better even the porsche salesman was lovin the audi to an extent (got him to value it for a p/ex)!

so wont be trading up yet might consider a rs5 (wen it comes out) or tempted to try a e92 m3 dct but lovin the s5 again, its set the bar very high :)

anyone else felt tempted to stray away from the s5?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Was very tempted with a 911 (997) Carrera 2S last September (Porsche purists do not rate the 4S BTW).. Lovely cars, lovely to drive, image and prices now rock bottom in Credit Crunch UK. I stepped backwards to look at S5 then finally went diseasel... no regrets so far aparantly porkers are dropping by over 2k a month!!;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i should have taken the 2s out would have been more fun, prices should be dropping a bit more as a new face lift is out but looks pretty much the same as the old model. looking on auto trader u can get a 05 db9 for around 50k!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
It is very tempting BUT beware, running costs, depreciation, image etc etc...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robb i expect u will be the only GTR on the roads round norfolk and suffolk wen u get it, havnt seen any around.

Dee

·
Registered
20 Posts
anyone else felt tempted to stray away from the s5?
I certainly was. But I had the 997 first. Am very fortunate to have access to both the 997 and the new S5.

They are very different cars with little in common, save the fact they are both 2 door coupes.

No matter, both are great cars that never fail to please. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts