Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got audi a5 2010 sportback.
Software:
HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1

When i open TEL section i see message saying :
"Telephone is not installed".
I tried to research these message and i can't find anything about it.
I am not sure does my Audi actually support Bluetooth but it has AUX and TEL button, it's making me really confused.
How can i check if my Audi supports Bluetooth and what is that error.
Thanks everyone who try to help !

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
My understanding is that ALL MMI 3G systems include Bluetooth for hands-free telephone in the main unit (at least for North American market). Since your A5 is for the European market, Bluetooth for hands-free telephone may have been an option. You can tell this by (1) inspecting the production code sticker in the boot/luggage compartment, or (2) the VAG part number of the MMI main unit using VCDS (or other VAG-aware OBD scan tool).

I would expect you to find PR code 8YF (Radio), as noted HERE (but that code should include Bluetooth). Knowing the VAG part number of the MMI main unit is helpful here, too.

Last thought on this: the software on the MMI main unit was updated by you or someone else. I've seen information that suggests that an incorrect software update may cause Bluetooth to not work as expected. You should try to investigate this with a VAG scanning tool like VCDS. You may find that (1) the coding for address 5F is not correct, or (2) you need to downgrade the MMI software to an earlier version until Bluetooth works properly again. --g

·
Registered
445 Posts
Software:
HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1

I am not sure does my Audi actually support Bluetooth but it has AUX and TEL button, it's making me really confused.
All MMI 3G (basic,high,plus) have bluetooth integrated so you just need to activate handsfree profile i hidden green menu and vcds coding in 5F and it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
161 Posts
Software:
HNav_EU_K0257_6_D1

I have the exact same MMI and get the same message. Be interested if you get this working

·
Registered
445 Posts
First enable HFP profile in green menu under diagnose/tel settings and then enable bluetooth in 5F with OBD11

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a script on SD card which is used for enabling hidden green menu.

Here you go

Hi !
thanks for the script i did installed secret green menu and enabled bluetooth like i saw in one of tuts but when i know press TEL button it ask me to search for devices and it doesn't find anything

·
Registered
445 Posts
Green menu Settings isnt enough as I said.before. you need to.enable Bluetooth with Diagnostics (VCDS or OBD11) in 5F module.

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
118 Posts
i don't have that kind of tool
Depending on how involved you want to get in the diagnostics and customizations of your VAG car, the VCDS tool can pay for itself quickly. In your current case, you could bring the car to your local dealer and have them code it at their hourly service rate, at which point you probably could have paid for the Ross-Tech/VCDS cable. Or maybe a local independent shop will make the adaptation change for a nominal fee (or free, even, if they do some other service for you). Some other less expensive VAG tools are available, but Ross-Tech VCDS is the best for all that it can do on a wide range of VAG cars. -g

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 43 Posts