Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Tatty Piano Black Interior Trim

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BigfellaPhil 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've just picked up my 1st ever Audi, it's a 2013 S5 Black Edition Coupe, the interior trim has seen better days... It's not really bad but there are a few marks so I'm wondering, if I should keep the Piano Black look and keep the car standard (providing I can find some good aftermarket Piano Black Trim) or if I should 'go off-piest' with something different. I have seen Carbon Fibre Wrap that looked good but I'm open to any other ideas?

Also on the outside, the Black Trim around the Windows looks quite bad in places so any suggestions on that would be good too...

Look forward to your suggestions.

Cheers,

Phil

#2 ·
Welcome to the A5 nuthouse mate and you will surely fit in here. No idea but some experts will come along soon.

• Haha
Reactions: BigfellaPhil
#3 ·
Hi Phil, and welcome!

You can repair your interior and exterior trim with a good compound followed by a fine polish using a small (nano) polisher.

If you're not up for that, the inside can easily be replaced or wrapped. If you can get hold of a set, the carbon trims from the RS5 will fit perfectly and while you're there, I'd recommend fitting the interior handles from the RS5 too.

The outside can be wrapped too or a professional detailer can do the machine polishing for you.

Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#6 ·
The only challenge you will have with Super Resin Polish is that it uses 'fillers' so will give you a temporary fix that you'll have to keep repeating once the fillers wear off.
Depending on how bad the exterior trim is (if it's chemical damage from strong TFR for example) SRP won't touch it.

If you could post some pics up Phil, that would help[emoji1303]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Hi Phil- welcome aboard- I have a set of Piano Black trims in VGC which includes the centre console for the Coupe plus another Carbon wrapped set without the console, and also a pair of the metal RS5 door pulls (with the backlit looms if needed) that I'm about to put on eBay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.