Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 A5 sports back. I was leaning in the trunk trying to reach wheel jack located behind the seat back when the tail gate started to close on me, barely getting out of the trunk before it closed.
My car keys were in my pocket. Did I remotely close the tailgate? Normally I would press the button to close.

·
Registered
532 Posts
did you have anything else in the pocket? I did something like that because some crap in my pocket pushed the fob. But I doubt anything would cause the car to do that on its own

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
What John said… the remote fob can only open the tailgate, not close it. The only controls that should be able to close it are the button on the tailgate trim, the button above the number plate that you would use to open it, and the switch on the drivers door card (although this can only close it with the ignition on and you have to hold it while the tailgate closes completely, and the car will beep while the tailgate is closing as a warning). I can’t think of anything that could close the tailgate while you were bent over inside other than a prankster or a fault.
I used the word ‘tailgate’ above far too much!
Oh… and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: JohnS4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.