Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the good old days when I used to go to Europe all I had to do was paint my lights yellow and apply some stickers to switch the beam direction.

On my TT there was a way of switching the beams by turning a screw on the top of each light unit.

Anyone got any idea how I do this on the S5, Audi seem a bit clueless and think it may have to be changed by a dealer !!:(

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hadn't seen that thread, thanks for the heads up.

The only concern is there does not seem to be a conclusion around whether this touring option exists on all cars and if you don't have it what you then have to do ?

I'll have to check mine out.

·
Registered
714 Posts
From this thread:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/mmi-and-ais-2717/index.html

You will be able to see that on a UK 1.8T A5 with no sat nav (so AIS rather than MMI) the option can be found under CAR > EXTERIOR LIGHTING > HEADLAMP CONVERTER > ON

Can't say if this will work for any other variants because nobody else has bothered to post MMI or AIS menu lists.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can't say if this will work for any other variants because nobody else has bothered to post MMI or AIS menu lists.

It's a shame that noone else has contributed to your thread yet Tuff.
I'm sure it'll be a worthwhile resource once several people have added their info

- I'll be contributing in full when mine arrives next month.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Tuff, I'm guessing the reason no one has done this yet may be because it is somewhat time-consuming. I had started going through my MMI menu list last night, but stopped about halfway through because I realized it was taking more time than I had wanted to spend on it. There are a LOT of menus/options to go through (but you already know that :)). I'll try to get it completed in the next couple of days.

Tip for others who are planning to do this: Print out Tuff's menu list as a reference and just check off the options that are the same and make a note of any differences. That way you won't have to write everything out.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It took me about 20 mins to pull my list together - I just took my digital camera into the car and snapped away then came back and typed it up. I didn't worry about the quality of the pics so long as the text was legible.

Hardest bit was working out how to pull it together because it's not a straight forward hierarchical view - the setup button and other functions accessed by the 4 "hot keys" around the MMI controller confuse things.

The upside was that I found loads of options I wasn't aware of!

As TX says, if you follow my lead then I'm guessing you can crack this pretty quickly although the Sat Nav probably complicates things somewhat.

After the initial bout of no responses I was really tempted to go back and add "ejector seat", "smokescreen" and "flamethrower" to the list of options under a "007" category and see if anyone noticed :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked today under the exterior lighting menu.

No touring option or headlamp converter option.

Car is booked in with Audi next week to have a new Advanced Key sensor fitted on the drivers door (I'm told they replace the entire door handle). I have also asked them to confirm how I convert the lights.

If I get a definitive answer I'll post next week.

Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If I get a definitive answer I'll post next week.

Thanks for your help guys.
Good luck! And you're welcome!

After the initial bout of no responses I was really tempted to go back and add "ejector seat", "smokescreen" and "flamethrower" to the list of options under a "007" category and see if anyone noticed :)
Now that would have been funny! :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Damn! I though those came on the '09 models...:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick update - dealer has confirmed that the only way to change lights over to Euro setting is to have dealer do it. Total PITA. I am going to contact Audi UK to find out if Audi assist can do it as when I come back from Europe it's night time and no dealer will be open.

Will keep this thread updated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts