Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Swede in the US, to buy or not to buy an S5 :)

Hi guys. I moved to the US a few months ago from Sweden. I have always been a great fan of Audi and I am going to buy one for sure here in the US. When comparing prices between Sweden and here, I realized how much cheaper the A5/S5 is over here. I would never buy such an expensive car in Sweden but here, thats another matter. I test drove the A5 and of course I really liked it, besides it is probably one of the best looking cars ever :)

Then I figured that I shouldn't spend so much money on a car and that maybe I should wait for the 2009 A4. BUT, now I managed to find an S5 which is supposed to arrive here next week. Fully equipped, automatic (which I want) and deep sea blue/pearl silver which seems to be an excellent combination, must be fate! I couldn't resist putting a deposit on it (I haven't test driven an S5 since they seem to be impossible to find here around San Diego).

Since then, I have been thinking and thinking if I should buy it or go for something cheaper and more reasonable!! My heart says BUY and my reasonable side says no. Then I found this forum and everyone seems so happy with their cars so now it is even harder to resist :) :)

I guess I shouldn't ask people here what I should do, buy or not buy :confused:

Lars

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Lars, welcome to the forum. Yeah, that's a tough call when your heart and reason are telling you two different things. You're very fortunate to stumble upon an S5 that is available with your desired specs. Now you just need to decide if the long-term ownership cost (e.g., not the greatest fuel economy) is worth it to you. That Deep Sea Blue/Pearl Silver color sure is a nice combo. Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

Trevligt att se fler svenskar här :)

I am software engineer. Now is a good time to buy since we get car allowances from the company as well as paid housing. Besides, if I move back to Sweden and bring the car in a year or two, I can probably sell it for close to what I pay here.

Anyhow, I am sure that I can't say no once I have seen and test driven the car :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
You haven't driven a S5 yet Lars? You are in for a ride, I have driven all kinds of cars and you have to spend substantially more to get anything that is more exiting. (well I haven't driven a Nissan GT-R yet) The S5 is really good in all kinds of ways, power handling and comfort. Very balanced package I feel. The only cars I would like more right now is a R8 or a 911 GT3RS.

Tonny

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good Tonny :) Well, hopefully, I get to try it out next week. Will try to go up to the dealership asap and prepare financing and all that stuff as well so everything is set when the car arrives.

·
Registered
750 Posts
BUY! You'll thank yourself every time you look at it, sit in it, drive it, every time 50 people a day look at your car dreamily. I say buy it...but I may be biased (but only slightly)...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it :) All hesitation disappeared when I saw the dealer driving it up in front of the store!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Awesome! Congrats!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.