Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked my dealer to swap the S5 grill with a 3.0 TDI or 3.2 FSI A5 grill.

Il like the black ones over the grey grill.

He however told me that there is a size difference in the S5 grill and A5 grill (A5 grill would be 1cm lower at the bottom), thus not fitting my S5.

I found a tread here, that explains how to swap the grill, but am wondering where the new one came from, original Audi ?

Anyway, can someone confirm the dealers issue or where can i get an A5 s-line-like gill for my S5, or does it fit anyway, please advise ?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I thought they were the same size

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have asked my dealer to swap the S5 grill with a 3.0 TDI or 3.2 FSI A5 grill.

Il like the black ones over the grey grill.

He however told me that there is a size difference in the S5 grill and A5 grill (A5 grill would be 1cm lower at the bottom), thus not fitting my S5.

I found a tread here, that explains how to swap the grill, but am wondering where the new one came from, original Audi ?

Anyway, can someone confirm the dealers issue or where can i get an A5 s-line-like gill for my S5, or does it fit anyway, please advise ?
Hi fzenasni, and welcome to A5OC :)

I can confirm that the black gloss S-line grill does fit the S5. My dealer swapped my grey S5 grill to the black one upon delivery, all original of course. This goes for a couple of other members on the forum. So you can tell your dealer, with 110% certainty, that it is possible. Now I don't have any pics of my car yet... but if your dealer want any proof I would gladly take some pics with my phone. Just PM me if needed.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
... but if your dealer want any proof I would gladly take some pics with my phone.
No need... attached photo can serve as proof. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can also confirm its possible because I had it done the other way around..had the S5 grill installed into my A5

·
Registered
184 Posts
just paint it black the grill itself is nicer and is prob cheaper this way....i know just for a fog light grill my dealer charged me over 100....i painted mine and im very happy

·
Registered
328 Posts
i know just for a fog light grill my dealer charged me over 100....i painted mine and im very happy
what exactly did you do with your fog light grill?

·
Registered
184 Posts
oooo good story, i broke my collar bone recently so driving stick was impossible for a month, i had to swap car with my mother and when i got it back there was no fog light grill on the left side!!! now i know she coulda hit a pack of snow, rock, or something but theres no scuffs or scratches around the area where the grill sits so ive come to the conclusion some punk kids had to steal it for fun, i know if it fell out while i was driving i woulda felt running over it but she said she didnt do anything that might make it fall out

·
Registered
328 Posts
oooo good story, i broke my collar bone recently so driving stick was impossible for a month, i had to swap car with my mother and when i got it back there was no fog light grill on the left side!!! now i know she coulda hit a pack of snow, rock, or something but theres no scuffs or scratches around the area where the grill sits so ive come to the conclusion some punk kids had to steal it for fun, i know if it fell out while i was driving i woulda felt running over it but she said she didnt do anything that might make it fall out
But still, why did you paint it? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.