Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've noticed that when I am talking on my phone in the car (an IPhone connected via Bluetooth) and I receive an incoming call, the MMI only seems to allow me to "replace" my current call for the new one or "ignore" the incoming call. There doesn't seem to be a "swap" function where the original call can be placed on hold temporarily to answer the new incoming call. Seems kind of crazy to me that the S5 doesn't have this function, so I thought I'd check in and see if this is in fact true. Wasn't able to find anything of substance using advanced search.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use the blackberry Javelin but when i want to swictch calls and hold one I have to use my phone to do so.....I click the function button and use the phone to do the action...I phone audi system allows this...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks for your reply. I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Phones

I use the blackberry Javelin but when i want to swictch calls and hold one I have to use my phone to do so.....I click the function button and use the phone to do the action...I phone audi system allows this...
Are any other features of your phone active whilst connected to the car ?
My E71 says remote sim mode active and won't allow anything else which is a bind as I have to disconnect to download email etc.

·
Registered
643 Posts
AFAIK, Blackberries and iPhones allow full phone functionality while connected via BT.

At least I know my BB Bold does for certain..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are any other features of your phone active whilst connected to the car ?
My E71 says remote sim mode active and won't allow anything else which is a bind as I have to disconnect to download email etc.
My iPhone is fully functional while connected to the MMI via Bluetooth. Thanks again to Omega for the advice, I was able to successfully swap calls through my phone. I still can't believe that this function is not available through the MMI itself though. Oh well, a car with one flaw isn't bad I guess ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts