Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently I have an A5 Sportback - pré-facelift - MY 2010 - 2.0 TFSI
engine has been rebuilt recently, so it is ready for another 10 years.
however, my feeling are movng towards a newer car.
this car must have true quattro and not ultra-quattro or even Haldex.
so, I did a spin in an S5 - MY 2018
excellent drive, of course, but very uncomfortable.

would it be possible to fit A5 springs under an S5 ??
any other suggestions are very welcome.

cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good for you, Fred!
Did the car you drove have the adjustable suspension? Maybe that will solve the problem.

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
882 Posts
Voicing the above comment, if adaptive suspension, then it can be adjusted to a softer driving mode, via drive select.
Also to consider, larger alloys with lower profiles and sports suspension it’s going to be a stiffer ride I’m afraid!

Also depending on age of S5, suspension is a wear and tear item, unless it’s a newer car?

~Alex

·
Registered
465 Posts
Fred, because mine has been lowered and was too harsh as a result, I now have Coiled Spring Assisters- rubber coils that sit inside the springs that soften the ride- very easy & cheap to fit.

·
Administrator
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the S5 does have ADS and I played around with it.
it does have S-line, and it looked a bit on the low side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fred, All S5 have different settings via Drive Select.. (comfort / auto / dynamic / individual).. it doesn’t mean that it has adaptive dampers - they are an optional extra (rather rare one).

“The adaptive dampers are an electronically-con- trolled damping system. The firmness of the sus-
pension will adapt to the driving conditions and the driving situation. The settings depend on the selected Audi drive select* mode.”

you can’t actually play with the adaptive dampers .. it’s all automatic . I have adaptive on my current S5, and you have exactly the same drive select options as non adaptive ...though a better ride of course . I run on 20’s and its firm, but not jarring

·
Administrator
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fred, All S5 have different settings via Drive Select.. (comfort / auto / dynamic / individual).. it doesn’t mean that it has adaptive dampers - they are an optional extra (rather rare one).
as far as I remember now, in the MMI, I could select Individual and in there, I could select Suspension and put that in Comfort.
just as I have in my current A5 - MY2010

·
Administrator
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fred, because mine has been lowered and was too harsh as a result, I now have Coiled Spring Assisters- rubber coils that sit inside the springs that soften the ride- very easy & cheap to fit.
ok, sounds good.
does this increase the ride-height of the car a bit ??
what make and type are you using ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.