Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my god this noise is driving me insane. it's coming from like the sunroof passenger sunvisor area. if i put pressure on it it stops is like tick ticj tick and somestimes it stops and then it continues anyone had this tick happen?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
A few questions....Have you got the tilt only pano roof? does it happen when your roof is up? It stops when you put pressure on what, the roof lining, the glass roof or the sun visor?

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Well done Cookie mate, we love to help!!!

Reactions: Cookie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyway, my pano roof used to rattle when open, there is a metal trim around the roof lining that was tapping on the metal sunroof frame. 6 screws to remove the glass and then Installed some felt tape between the 2 pieces of metal and cured. No more rattles (also gave a good clean and some very expensive grease applied)

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Had similar thing on mine, the rattle was coming from the plastic trim that covers the screw nr.3 in the diagram. As somehow it slid away from the original position and the last clip got disconnected from the panel, if that's the case I just removed it completely and reinstalled, that has done the job ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts