Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am planning to order an A5 1.8 in the next few days. I really like sunroofs and I would like to add the panoramic sunroof as an extra. I am concerned with the heat insulation though. I live in Greece and it can get quite hot in the summer. I am concerned that the mess (given the size of the sunroof) might not provide sufficient insulation from the heat. Also I have read in this forum that the sunroof can be noisy. In addition to that it will delay the delivery of the car as the factory has problems with sunroof parts.
I would appreciate your comments.
Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi dimitris! Welcome to the forum. The sunroof comes standard in the U.S. so the choice was easy for me :). Although I was also concerned about the heat issue, and when I went for the test drive (I live in Florida by the way so it gets very hot here too) the salesman said he was surprised that it really doesn't affect it as much as the Q7, which he said gets hot very fast because of the sun roof. That was just his perspective... hope that helps a little. As far as if it's noisy, someone else will have to answer that since I'm still waiting to find out ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, Pete in your opinion heat is not really an issue as far as the sunroof is concerned. Am I right?
Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well in my opinion I think the salesman was pretty fair with me through out the sale and he said that the Q7 just gets really hot, and fast in the heat here in Florida. They have had the S5 for quite some time and he said it's nothing compared to the Q7, so it does get hot but not enough to hurt your enjoyment I presume :) Maybe a day to day S5 owner can help you out some more. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered it without a sunroof as it was going to be delayed by 3-4 months if I added the sunroof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.