Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit of info for the few of us who spec'd a sunroof. Since getting my car (about 3 weeks ago) I have had a sort of intermittent "Cracking" noise from the sunroof. Couldn't be described as a a squeak. It seemed to happen as the car "flexed" a bit when say going over a bump in the road - or making a sharp turn. Also happened at varying intervals -sometimes you wouldn't hear it for 5 to 10 minutes. No amount of tugging or pulling the roof when stationary would reproduce the noise.
In summary it niggled me big time,:mad: because I hate sqeaks and rattles.

Took it back to the dealer and they solved it straight away by applying a special silicone lubricant to the rubber seal around the edge of the mounting.:) It's fine now
Just thought I would pass this on, in case anyone else has the problem.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That's quite helpful to know, particularly for us folks in the U.S. (We are all getting the sunroof without a choice.)

Thanks for sharing. Glad you were able to get the issue resolved!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Agree. Thanks, Ian! This is what makes owner's forums so useful. And this is probably the only positive about you guys getting these puppies so much sooner than we!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thank you Ian!

·
Registered
67 Posts
this sort of noise was also evident on my door window/seal...over certain sharp bumps...ie causing the car/chassis to flex...a simple silicon lubricant fixed it straight away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts