Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car I test drve had a mesh cover over the glass sunroof and i thought it did block the light but some reviews say it is not opaque and brings in lot of light

Can owners comment on this and if the shade is blocking the light sufficiently?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Casa,

I can only comment on how the mesh performs in my Q7 since Im still waiting for my car. I does let in some filtered light but not a tremendous amount. In California I've found that the heat is more of an issue than anything.The mesh fabric doesnt give you any thermal insulation from direct sunlight. During the summer months its tough to keep the interior cool. The A5/S5's have a lot less glass than the Q7 panaromic sunroof. You also have to be careful with the fabric getting dirty. If you have the light interior it will show dirt easily. You just have to be careful when you clean it not to rub it in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree. Let me just say I'm not a huge fan of sunroofs to start off with, and after having my S5 for about 2 weeks it is really a non issue. The fabric does let in a little light but it really isn't so much as to be annoying(to put it in perspective I like having my windows with 20% tint all around).

·
Registered
318 Posts
As others have mentioned, a non-issue. It blocks about 90% of the direct sunlight it seems. I actually like the mesh because you still get the airflow when the sunroof is tilted.

The car I test drve had a mesh cover over the glass sunroof and i thought it did block the light but some reviews say it is not opaque and brings in lot of light

Can owners comment on this and if the shade is blocking the light sufficiently?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Phil,

Which Audi dealer did you pick up your S5 from?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I noticed that about Carlsbad also. I get emails from them every once and a while that say they are still waiting for their first S5 to arrive. Seem like a nice dealer and are very communicative but struggling with allocations.

I got mine up in Santa Monica. Originally had one on order in carlsbad, but after 2 months no production date so I tracked one down :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the info guys... I ordered my S5 from Audi Mission Viejo where I purchased my Q7. I have concerns that the longer I wait for my car the more likely this dealer will put a market adjustment premium on it. They had an R8 in the showroom last month with a 50K market adj. making the cost 177K!!!:eek: I've ordered the tiptronic tranny but I cant get a firm delivery date from Audi other than maybe April/May.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.