Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sunday, 5th April - see latest info below.

As the original thread's become rather long and confusing, and only a month away from the event, thought I'd condense the latest into a new thread.

We've room in the A5OC Paddock for as many as are likely to want to come, so please feel free to come along and meet up for a fun and exciting day out!

Here's all you need to know......:

At a glance......

An opportunity to meet up (at our special A5OC members paddock) at Santa Pod Raceway in Northamptonshire (www.rwyb.co.uk), watch a variety of cars drag racing and, if the mood takes you, take your own car on the strip and lay some 1/4 mile stats!

We're hoping for around 10 or so (hopefully more) A/S5s to be present, a variety of models in various states of tune. We'll have a Racelogic timing box available also to record real-world 0-60 times. We'll also have a couple of VAG-COM/VCDS cables available for those who want to make any modifications to their cars' lighting and control systems

Cost is £10 admission plus an additional £25 sign-on fee (unlimited runs) if you'd like to venture out onto the track.

Sign-up details

Only 25 sign on tickets are available in advance (£25) if you're interested in attending, your options are to:
1) Call 01234 782828 to book your ticket in advance - this is particularly relevant if you'll be travelling some distance to Santa Pod as sign-ups on the day are on a first-come, first-served basis and ideally you need to be there by 09:00 latest if you want to take to the track (later if you just want to meet up for a fun day out)
2) Buy an advance ticket online at www.santapodshop.com (select 'RWYB Days' from the l/h menu panel - they're available now and I've just purchased mine this morning)
3) Turn-up on the day and pay your £35 (£10 admission and £25 sign-on for unlimited runs) - fine to do this is you can be there in good time on the 5th (before 9:00 latest)

If you want to attend but don't want to track your car, the cost is £10 admission, payable on the day.

If you want to run your car on the strip, REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR DRIVING LICENCE!

Reminder, as I'm organising a club space and will need to let them have the number of cars, please let me know as early as possible if you won't be able to attend - please don't pull out at the last minute or simply not show.

·
Registered
821 Posts
YAY !!!!! Just booked mine by Phone :autofahrer:

Had to pay £1 booking fee :yikes:

EDIT> If you want to book online... it's listed under RWYB Days I couldn't find it at first, thats why i Phone booked :wall:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had to pay £1 booking fee :yikes:
EDIT> If you want to book online... it's listed under RWYB Days I couldn't find it at first, thats why i Phone booked :wall:
Excellent news Deano, and don't fret, I'll give you the quid back when I see you, unless you need it sooner?

Thanks for the clarification on the booking location - I've edited my post to reflect this detail.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the flood-gates open......

Ok, number's gently swelling..........

Seven As and six Ss. Any more? This could be heading to being the biggest UK meet so far! Suzy?
  1. Ess5ive - remapped (APS) S5, K&N filter, (unresonated!) exhaust
  2. Ianhp1 - remapped (APS) S5, BMC filter, (unresonated) exhaust
  3. Spinner - remapped (Sanspeed) S5, BMC filter, feeble exhaust
  4. MickyT (& his bruv) - remapped (APS) S5, feeble exhaust
  5. DBS2 - re-mapped (Sanspeed) A5 3.0TDi
  6. AndyT - stock A5 3.0TDi
  7. Rino - 3.0TDi, remapped (APS) A5, K&N filter, exhaust
  8. Marmin - stock A5 3.0TDi (auto)
  9. Chunkstar - standard S5 (evil chuckle....)
  10. Scouse5 - re-mapped (APS) A5 3.0TDi, exhaust (golf or cars - you decide.....)
  11. SAJ (TBC) - S5
  12. Jenbutmad (TBC) - A5 3.0TDi Sport
  13. Rab88 (TBC) - A5 3.0TDi Sport
  14. Your name here?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Tickets arrived in the post today!

...It's on. And the moment where once and for all it is proven that black is faster than grey draws nearer! :dance: Ooh yeah!

...Although I must say Ess5 and Spinner are taking this awfully seriously with race fuel and 'practices'.

:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
821 Posts
:yikes: Practices

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, one month to go and here's the latest - user name in bold red indicates either that tickets have been purchased and/or that you have replied to my PMs verifying that you still intend to participate.

Chunk, AndyT, Marmin, Rino - you've gone a bit quiet - things getting too serious for ya? Prefer a gentle Sunday morning supermarket run to some Man Motoring?

SAJ, still can't work out if you intend to be there or not - Rab, Jen and Suzy - I've added you to the list as you've recently indicated a provisional interest?
  1. Ess5ive - remapped (APS) S5, K&N filter, (unresonated!) exhaust
  2. Ianhp1 - remapped (APS) S5, BMC filter, (unresonated) exhaust
  3. Spinner - remapped (Sanspeed) S5, BMC filter, feeble exhaust
  4. MickyT (& his bruv) - remapped (APS) S5, feeble exhaust
  5. DBS2 - re-mapped (Sanspeed) A5 3.0TDi
  6. Scouse5 - re-mapped (APS) A5 3.0TDi, exhaust
  7. Chunkstar - standard S5 (evil chuckle....)
  8. AndyT - stock A5 3.0TDi
  9. Rino - 3.0TDi, remapped (APS) A5, K&N filter, exhaust
  10. Marmin - stock A5 3.0TDi (auto)
  11. SAJ (TBC?) - S5
  12. Rab88 (TBC) - A5 3.0TDi Quattro Sport
  13. Jenbutmad? Come on, you know you want to.......
  14. Suzy80?
  15. Your name here?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Erm Ess please correct :swordfight:

Spinner- remapped (Sanspeed) S5, BMC filter, (unresonated) exhaust which will of cause sound a million times better than both Ess and Ian's due to it originally doing so after the remap on the resonated version :dance:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
which will of cause sound a million times better than both Ess and Ian's due to it originally doing so after the remap on the resonated version
Mate, I genuinely have absolutely no idea what that all means.

Here's how it goes. I am a better driver than you or Ian. My car looks and sounds the best and has spawned many imitators. My ability to launch my car repeatedly and consistently off the line is worth at least 40-50hp so fill your boots with you high-octane, non-resonated remaps and bring it on!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Mate, I genuinely have absolutely no idea what that all means.

Here's how it goes. I am a better driver than you or Ian. My car looks and sounds the best and has spawned many imitators. My ability to launch my car repeatedly and consistently off the line is worth at least 40-50hp so fill your boots with you high-octane, non-resonated remaps and bring it on!
:swordfight:

Yeah? ...Well I bet you crumble and miss second gear!

:music-smiley-019:

You're gonna be so embarrassed if you don't post a faster time!

;)

1 - 20 of 247 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.