Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to add an external amp and subwoofer to a 2011 S5 Cabriolet with the B&O system. Other posts seem to suggest the colors of the wires I need to tap are yellow/white and blue/white, however, I do not see these colors on mine. Can anyone shed some light on this? I have attached pics, as well as a wiring schematic I found in another post (that I honestly don't know how to read).
Power > positive terminal on battery (in trunk)
Ground > common grounding point behind right storage panel
Remote > spade tapped into "Rear Seat Entertainment" fuse location behind right storage panel.
R+/L+ > yellow/white wire coming out of B&O amp behind left trunk panel
R-/L- > blue/white wire coming out of B&O amp

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm in the middle of doing the same on mine (2010 rs5 b8) I definately have the blue/white and yellow white on the amp harness. Although I note the connector on your amp is in a different location.

Either way I intend to remove factory sub to create a hole for bass to come in, so will be tapping wires at sub end vs messing with harness.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re-looking at your post, page 9 in the PDF shows the sub wires (yellow/white and blue/white) in all your pics, In your last pic it looks like you have those wires top and bottom of picture.

If in doubt the best location will be to locate the connection at subwoofer itself and take wires from there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think there is discoloration in these wires? I am looking where you pointed my attention and I dont see anything that resembles white. I wonder if white has become yellow after 10 years.... Can you tell me which one you think you see at the top and which one you think you see at the bottom?

I think you might be right about going into the back panel to see the cables attached to the sub. I really dont want to break anything taking the panel apart. Is anyone aware of a DIY thread for this panel removal?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Maxiopti on YouTube, I followed his
Do you think there is discoloration in these wires? I am looking where you pointed my attention and I dont see anything that resembles white. I wonder if white has become yellow after 10 years.... Can you tell me which one you think you see at the top and which one you think you see at the bottom?

I think you might be right about going into the back panel to see the cables attached to the sub. I really dont want to break anything taking the panel apart. Is anyone aware of a DIY thread for this panel removal?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics of yours. This may help. I identified those as green/yellow and like... a yellow orange, or yellow brown. I'm gonna dig a little close and maybe take some better daylight pics and see if we can get to the bottom of this. Mine is a convertible btw, so the sub is in a different place regarding the access. I do wonder if this might make the colors different. My sub is where the Left rear passengers left arm would rest. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help in avoiding paying an install guy/blowing up the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am also wondering if i am better off using leads for midrange speakers- I heard rumor that the oem stereo lowers the output to the sub as the volume goes up. Can anyone verify if this is true?

I am also wondering if i need an LC2i to downstep the high level output of amplified speaker wires. Since I am just doing a subwoofer with this output, what would the effects be of using the line-level inputs on my amp?

Thanks all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts