Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I test drove an A5 on Monday and the gas pedal stuck three times when I accelarated hard. I know this can't be normal ( even though the sales guy seemed act like it was). Has this happened to anyone else? If so, is it software, or sometype of mechanical glitch. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Certainly doesn't happen here. Of course it's not normal for an accelerator pedal to stick, surely the sales assistant didnt tell you this?

It may have been the mat catching on the pedal, but the mats are normally fixed down with clips, so I think it would be unlikely to happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There wasn't any carpet in the car. Just the the plastic sticky protectant on the floor. I think I'll give it another test drive at a different dealership. It was probably just a fluke.

·
Registered
120 Posts
that excuse didnt work for me the last time I got pulled over by the cops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I test drove an A5 on Monday and the gas pedal stuck three times when I accelarated hard. I know this can't be normal ( even though the sales guy seemed act like it was). Has this happened to anyone else? If so, is it software, or sometype of mechanical glitch. Thanks
Hi:

My wife had an acceleration issue with he A5 when backing up and resulted in the car being embedded in a stone wall....to date we're at $12,000 on the fix.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi:

My wife had an acceleration issue with he A5 when backing up and resulted in the car being embedded in a stone wall....to date we're at $12,000 on the fix.
Those dang stone walls always jump out at the wrong time

·
Registered
7 Posts
"My wife had an acceleration issue with he A5 when backing up and resulted in the car being embedded in a stone wall....to date we're at $12,000 on the fix."

Interesting. Our 2009 A5 3.2 surges when backing out of the garage - up to 1800 RPM. 3 service visits and it is better, but still occasionally does it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Throttle Pedal stuck to floor...

Happens frequently to me.

Audi designed the pedal in such a way that it gets trapped between my foot and the floor.

Fortunately, when I take my foot off the gas it pops back.

Weird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts