Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon i have noticed the strangest looking bump on my S5.

Almost as if something is trying to push itself out of the rear bumber.

seems like some sort of rectangular metal piece...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Had this on one of my old A3's. Turned out some fecker had bumped me when I was parked up somewhere and the bumper had been pushed in, up against something and then sprung back, leaving a lump like you have :mad:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Had this on one of my old A3's. Turned out some fecker had bumped me when I was parked up somewhere and the bumper had been pushed in, up against something and then sprung back, leaving a lump like you have :mad:
+1

...That's exactly what it is.

:mad:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:( - ok now im big time upset... Cant beleive this....

Any idea on what it would cost to get something like this fixed?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would guess at £300 ish for a new bumper + spraying and fitting :(

·
Registered
479 Posts
Unless you are feeling brave and fancy giving Chips Away a chance to fix it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having a closer look you are dead right about somebody having hit it.

If i look at the lines of the car boot, i can see one side is sticking further out than it should, So its likely it needs to be repositioned as well! :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
Owch :eek:

·
Registered
457 Posts
You can have a shop bondo and repaint the bumper
or
buy and paint a whole new bumper

Obviously option 01 would be significantly cheaper, as you only pay for labor and paint.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Not good. The shape you see sticking out is the one of the two mounts that holds the rear bumper bar behind the plastic bumper. I wouldn't go to the expense of fitting a brand new bumper. Any good bodyshop would be able to repair that and realign the bumper. But bear in mind the reapinting and repair costs; im guessing around £200

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

You think i should avoid going direct to audi for this and find an independant body shop?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i have the same problem but living with it for now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I feel you're pain:eek:I think a while ago,somebody on here was selling a bumper skin.

Mal..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bumper repair cost

Returned to my A5 recently to discuover someone had scraped their car against my bumper. Left a few scratches and rough patches on the bumper. Not really noticeable unless it's clean (which is never in this weather). Nonetheless, we all love our A/S5s, so I got a quote from the local Audi-recommended bodyshop.

To repair and respray the existing bumper: £270.
I'll be looking elsewhere for a cheaper quote.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On another note... Refering to my picture. What is the large round circle for. I know the other two small round circles are sensors, but whats the large one? You can flip it open, and all i see inside is a large screw barrel. Obviously something screws in... but what?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Towing hook :)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Where are you parking your cars? I have learned a lot about not parking my car in the supermarket, or any mass parking lots. Don't you know how horrible pigs the people are?
I always make sure that my car is parked the way that nobody can do anything to it. That means even parking somewhere further with more walking, but at least I won't be seeing these things on it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That means even parking somewhere further with more walking
I drive my wife mad by doing this :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trust me i usually avoid all these spots. I even have 2 car park spaces which i take up at work. Nobody at front, nobody at back.

I think this must have happened when i took the lady out on the weekend. Went to restaurant and had no choice but to park in a residential area. It was quite late, so i though it would be okay to park between 2 cars. With enough ditance of couse.

OBVIOUSLY NOT!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts