Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've seen pics of every possible nook and cranny of the A5/S5 on this forum. But, one thing I have yet to see pics of are the storage drawers located under the front seats. Apparently, these drawers are part of the "storage pack" option that is available in the UK.

Can someone please post pics of these drawers pulled out? How useful are they (e.g., approximate size)? Do they seem like they can be retrofitted easily?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah... I was just about to PM you on that! The German dealers loved the pics I printed out of TLUs boot/trunk ;) Helps with the language barrier :confused:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Storage drawers under front seats

I think I've seen pics of every possible nook and cranny of the A5/S5 on this forum. But, one thing I have yet to see pics of are the storage drawers located under the front seats. Apparently, these drawers are part of the "storage pack" option that is available in the UK.

Can someone please post pics of these drawers pulled out? How useful are they (e.g., approximate size)? Do they seem like they can be retrofitted easily?

Here you go TX. These are of the drivers side (UK car) but the passenger one is exactly the same.

Automotive exterior Bumper Trunk Technology Automotive design
Automotive exterior Bumper Trunk Vehicle Spoiler

Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Trunk Vehicle door
Car seat cover Luxury vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat

Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle door Bumper part

The drawer doesn't actually pull out but is on a hinge so it kind of pivots down. It's not that big and there is a bit of a ridge in the middle of it which reduces the size even further. (The image with the key in kind of illustrates the size and the ridge). The interior is constructed from hard plastic so, unless you like the sound of things rattling around whilst driving, it's only really useful for 'soft' items. I use mine to keep a couple of clean micro-fibre cloths in (for emergency cleans!). As to whether they could be retro-fitted I'm not sure, I'd have to see a car without them to see if there is just an insert that can be removed and the drawer fitted.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!!! Yes, that definitely helps, Manor! Wow, these are not as large as I had envisioned. The photo with the key serves as a good reference for the size of the drawer. After viewing these photos, I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be worth my while to bother with trying to retrofit these.

Is the drawer even deep enough for your owner's manual to fit? :confused: From the photos, it appears it's not.

I think it's a nice touch that the bottom part of the drawer is color-matched to the seats. (BTW, I'm really diggin' your new floor mats. If Autostyle offered an exact color match for the piping in Cinnamon Brown, I'd be all over those! Unfortunately, they don't... I've already checked.)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here you go TX. These are of the drivers side (UK car) but the passenger one is exactly the same.

View attachment 2371 View attachment 2372

View attachment 2373 View attachment 2374

View attachment 2375

The drawer doesn't actually pull out but is on a hinge so it kind of pivots down. It's not that big and there is a bit of a ridge in the middle of it which reduces the size even further. (The image with the key in kind of illustrates the size and the ridge). The interior is constructed from hard plastic so, unless you like the sound of things rattling around whilst driving, it's only really useful for 'soft' items. I use mine to keep a couple of clean micro-fibre cloths in (for emergency cleans!). As to whether they could be retro-fitted I'm not sure, I'd have to see a car without them to see if there is just an insert that can be removed and the drawer fitted.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the pics. I have the storage pack coming on mine and was curious to see what the drawers were like. Handy cubby holes for maps etc I guess.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Is the drawer even deep enough for your owner's manual to fit? :confused: From the photos, it appears it's not.
Not really big enough for the manual. The pack of books etc we get with the UK car only just fits in the glove box!

Handy cubby holes for maps etc I guess.
Hmmm. Very small rolled up maps maybe.

In summary, I'm not really sure what they're for. Not deep enough for sunglasses (but then neither is the sun glasses holder (already a previous thread on this I recall)) and not big enough for documents, maps etc.

Guess I'll just continue stuffing microfibre cloths in there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.