Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the S-Line model not have a start/stop button unless keyless entry is specified? - heard that this is so on another thread so am a bit disappointed - I always thought this was standard:(

Also if you don't have sat nav does that mean that the MMI control isn't situated next to the gearstick?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Start Stop button is not standard in UK unless you have advanced key.

Not sure about 3G Nav but on models with DVD Nav the control is behind gearstick. Non NAv cars have an MMi button on dash.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i love my wee button.... everyone that gets in goes "can i push it can i can i" is fab :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Does the S-Line model not have a start/stop button unless keyless entry is specified? - heard that this is so on another thread so am a bit disappointed - I always thought this was standard:(

Also if you don't have sat nav does that mean that the MMI control isn't situated next to the gearstick?
You don't get the start-stop button without the advanced key on any trim level of the A5/S5. This is because unlike BMW, when you insert the key into the slot on the dash, you push it in to start. The button is only necessary with the proximity key.

Also you are right that without satnav the joystick is up on the dash and not by the shifter.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You don't get the start-stop button without the advanced key on any trim level of the A5/S5. This is because unlike BMW, when you insert the key into the slot on the dash, you push it in to start. The button is only necessary with the proximity key.

Also you are right that without satnav the joystick is up on the dash and not by the shifter.
Thought I'd answered that Q already Scottacus.(Post 2)?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
As said already, the start-stop-button is part of the keyless entry option known as advance or convenience key in Europe. In the U.S. this is part of the Technology Package, I believe?

To add to the answers that MMI buttons are next to the gear shifter with sat nav, this is also true for the new MMI 3G. Only without sat nav are the MMI keys in the dash (in the radio).

This article is a year old but still a good read:

Will the real MMI please stand up? Difference between standard radio Concert/Symphony and the optional DVD navigation's MMI controls in B8 platform Audi A4 and A5
http://www.geocities.com/a6retrofit/articles/a4a5realmmi.html

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts