Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased a stolen recovered 2018 Audi A5 and so far I am regretting it. The keys the car came with were incorrect and the blades did not fit into the barrels so I believe those were the duplicates left by the thieves. The doors were unlocked and the virtual cockpit also comes on but that's it. I ordered a set of new keys from Audi and had a locksmith come program the keys as well but he was unable to do so as there was an issue with the CCM and the steering lock module. The blade that came with the new key fitted into the existing barrels in the car so the barrels have not been tampered with. The car has since been sent over to Audi and the CCM and the steering lock have been replaced by Audi themselves but they are still not being able to code the key to the car. Ive been told by the technician that the key is not registering to the steering lock even though Audi have replaced the module. I feel like I've hit a dead end and don't know what to do. Has anyone been in a similar situation or can anyone give any advice on what the issue can be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
968 Posts
Cut your losses at this point. May not be what you want to hear but the consistent diagnostic cost and labour with replacement parts is going to be financially crippling.

It'll almost be the cost of a un crashed A5.

Anyways good luck as if you've replaced the module and also taken to Audi there's not much more that there could be done?

If the keys can't be coded you've got yourself a lemon to be honest.

All the best!

~Alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cut your losses at this point. May not be what you want to hear but the consistent diagnostic cost and labour with replacement parts is going to be financially crippling.

It'll almost be the cost of a un crashed S5

Anyways good luck as if you've replaced the module and also taken to Audi there's not much more that there could be done?

If the keys can't be coded you've got yourself a lemon to be honest.

All the best!

~Alex
Hey Alex, thanks for the response. Actually got a phone call from Audi today and the cars fixed (sort of). Turns out the original key that I ordered was incorrectly coded which is why it didn’t work. However the second key that arrived worked like a charm.

But now only the drivers door is unlocking with the key. All the other doors are deadlocked and cannot be opened from either inside or outside

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
968 Posts
So abit of good news atleast!

May I ask if the cost of all of this means its still a good price paid? Including further diagnostics with 3x doors to contend with surely your bill must be insane now no?

Please keep me updated I like following progress.

~Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts