Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Sorry intrude but my RS5 has been stolen and I wondered if you'd be so kind as to keep an eye out.

It's metallic black with the black styling kit, cream interior and the non-rotor 19" alloys; BG11 PYX and the VIN ends 2325.

Please, please make sure if you're buying a used one that you do the proper history checks and if you come across this one, please contact the police.

Thank you - I really appreciate it!

· Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to hear that ilovepetrol - what a terrible thing to have to post.

I'll certainly keep an eye out on the M42/M1/M6/M40 (my usual hunting ground) over the next few days/weeks. I hope you manage to recover it but I suspect it is probably in a container by now.

I also hope that you were not hurt in the theft.

· Registered
1,149 Posts
Many sympathies for your loss :( will keep an eye out..hope you get it back undamaged.

I also Echo tanner's sentiment that you werent hurt when it happened

· Registered
734 Posts
Very sorry to read about this! It's just give me the push I needed to get 'Tracker' fitted to my RS5, even though the insurance company said it was not a requirement.

Will keep a lookout, as we travel all over the country with our business, and praying for your RS5's safe return.....Keep us all posted..

· Registered
78 Posts
Sucks man. Hope you find it - in good condition. I'm sure financially you will be covered by insurance.

· Registered
174 Posts
search mobile.de

I found a few stolen cars there once. One guy was selling a 1 year old a8 4.2tdi with 5000 miles for 30K GBP. I called and asked why he said his financial situation required him to do so. Called him after that from a diff phone number, he said it is because he is buying a newer a8 w12. then i found he had alot of other listings for gallardos, r8 v10s, and even an rs5, all dirt cheap.

· Registered
907 Posts
wow sorry to hear that.

Where was it lifted from?

All these sorts of car should be fitted with trackers as standard.

· Registered
107 Posts
I agree. It's mad that I can find my iPhone to within a couple of feet, but if you want to find your car it costs £500 and an annual subscription!

Perhaps it would be cheaper to hide an iPhone in there somewhere!

Sorry to hear about your loss- with any luck your thieves will befall some incredibly painful testicle injury. :)

· Registered
637 Posts
ILP,sorry to here your bad news hope you get sorted one way or another.
Really pisses me off,most people work hard for the motors they cherish for some muppit just to help themselfs.
Did I hear somewhere if they catch you thieving they cut your hands off,
Mind you if they were court I'm sure the community service will teach them a lesson!

· Registered
1,899 Posts
Real sorry to hear this ilovepetrol, will keep eyes pealed in the South East.

My insurance company asked me if I had a tracker on the day I picked my car up from the showroom, I asked how it would affect the policy and they said they wouldn't insure me if I had one because it carried "implications" about the risk of theft where I would be using it!

Indeed a second hand iPhone/iPad does the job quite nicely for my modest A, but every RS should have a decent tracker as standard!

Again, here's hoping for some swift justice!

· Registered
1,149 Posts
My insurance company asked me if I had a tracker on the day I picked my car up from the showroom, I asked how it would affect the policy and they said they wouldn't insure me if I had one because it carried "implications" about the risk of theft where I would be using it!
!
Wow, thats like an saying "hmm we arent going to insure your house if you have a burglar alarm as you must live in a bad area...otherwise you wouldn't need one..." totally mad!

· Registered
885 Posts
+1 Horus! That sounds ridiculous!

Really sorry to hear about the car ILP. You must be gutted. Was there anything else in the car worth anything to you? Any idea how it was taken? What time of the day/ where did it happen?

As tannerpp said earlier, the car is probably in a container being shipped somewhere, so unlikely to be recovered, but you never know. The car will stick out like dogs [email protected] if they attempt to drive it around the UK!

Let us know how you get on with the insurance company...

Good luck mate.

· Registered
1,899 Posts

· Registered
885 Posts
Well, that's Tesco car insurance for anyone that's interested in hearing it for themselves :D

Just crazy talk! I'd assumed all insurers used some kind of algorithmic program developed by Actuaries and that ANY form of security device would have a positive effect on premiums! Nuts.

· Registered
1,899 Posts
Just crazy talk! I'd assumed all insurers used some kind of algorithmic program developed by Actuaries and that ANY form of security device would have a positive effect on premiums! Nuts.
HAH. Yes some of the excuses they come out with are obscene, I read an article not long ago where an underwriter came out with all the BS they have to take into account. This is derailing the thread a little but off the top of my head:
- If you park on a private driveway, thieves know which house to steal keys from. Depending on where you live this can increase your premium.
- If you drive less than ~7000 miles a year then you get less driving experience and are more likely to make mistakes, increasing your premium.
- If you are unemployed, then you could leave at any time so they want as much as they can get out of you up front.
- Adding named drivers with more than 25 years of experience reduces your premium.

(generally speaking, it differs between insurers!)

· Registered
3,553 Posts
Very sorry to read about this! It's just give me the push I needed to get 'Tracker' fitted to my RS5, even though the insurance company said it was not a requirement
these sort of cars are generally stolen to order by serious gangs and will be exported before the police even finish their doughnut, not by punks in the street.
the b$tds just jam Trackers now with stuff you can buy off ebay.

At least it helps with the insurance claim.

even the bbc picked up on it:
BBC News - Sentinel project research reveals UK GPS jammer use

· Registered
523 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow - what a response! Nice to see some proper car lovers here!! Thanks guys!!

It was a car key burglary while we were out; there have been quite a few I'm told in the area recently (Warwickshire). I guess it's the only way these days as immobs. etc are so locked down.

Police couldn't care less, I've had to chase them for everything.

Great suggestions about a spare iPhone... I did actually have one in the car at the time for that very reason but it is not locatable, I assume they noticed the Bluetooth connection and destroyed it. I suppose with that AMI interface in the glove box it's the first place they'd look.

Totally agree though, it's been a while now and as it's not turned up somewhere in flames or in a tree so I think I'm going to have to accept it's probably out of the UK by now.

Insurance company are playing ball at the moment... I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks again!

· Registered
907 Posts
Just a word of warning to all forum members.

Some crooks post this sort of thing and the responses help them with their theft targeting.

I'm not say that's the case here, but it happens!

· Registered
276 Posts
Sorry to hear that, unless it's nicked to go abroad then it should be easy enough to spot as not many will have that interior, mines black with black pack but black interior which is the most common combination, I will keep my eyes pealed.

I had an off duty copper tell me yesterday that the RS5 is one of the hottest cars to nick right now.....great!

Got a tracker but that guarantee's nowt really, alarm immobiliser is all worthless if they break into your house to get the keys.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.