Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I went to the dealer and drove an A5 w/ the S-Line package and I thought that the ride was great. However, the S-Line package (and the premium package that you need to get the S-Line package) costs more than I'd like to spend. The dealer won't be getting any models w/ the base suspension anytime soon.

So, my question is this: How does the stock suspension compare to the S-Line suspension? Also, how does the stock A5 suspension compare to the stock A4 suspension (I have driven one, and maybe I can use this as a basis for comparision)

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

Two years ago I tested the A3 with and without S-line ( Sport suspension). The difference was very noticeable and the s-line was very uncomfortable in comparaison. That was a A3 not an A5!!!

I can not answer directly to your question but I have an A5 the S-line combine with Audi Drive Select.
There is a big and noticeable difference in comfort. I really love it and in Comfort mode I can not complain, It is so much comfortable than my FX35 (Non-sport version).
It is two different car when you select one or the other option (sport VS Dynamic).
ADS is an other 2900 $ on the top of S-line. For me it is worth it.

By the way in order to get an idea you really have to drive the car on a rough road. This is the only to figure out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an A5 non s-line and the suspension is great...I test drove an A5 s-line and the suspension I feel is better but not much...The thing is I only drove the s-line for a short distance about a mile or two(on back roads in the suburbs) so there may be a big difference in the long run.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am just curious about the ride height now. On the order for the s line package it said that the suspension was 10 or 20mm lower than original a5 but on this forum I have seen some say it's the same?

Did they change it now, or was it never lower than normal a5?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I first drove an A5 stock suspension in Kalamazoo and I thought that it was a great car to tour and ride in. I was going to order it from our local dealer, but I had promised them that I'd test drive their demo which was an A5 S-line. I drove it and thought that it was a great car to tour and ride it, but also a great car to drive. So I bit the cost bullet and went ahead and ordered the S-line. Picked it up 2 days ago. Cornering is almost unbelievable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.