Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Audi S5 6spd
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to go to stage 2 single pulley.
Currently I have stage 1 with IE.

For now I want to keep my stock sc pulley and upgrade my crank pulley with fluidampr and 189mm ring set up.

Is anyone running this set up with IE? Since it seems pretty aggressive or at least that's what I read, is there a chance that i can be blowing off boost throughout the rpm range? Is this type of set up not good? Am I better off going with a smaller ring like 187mm?

Thanks

I aim to misbehave

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Bypass valve is controlled by the ECU tune and not the pulley size.

·
Registered
2015 Audi S5 6spd
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bypass valve is controlled by the ECU tune and not the pulley size.
Ok thanks. So I would need to talk to the company who's going to do the tune. Thanks.
Hopefully I'll get a answer soon from IE

I aim to misbehave

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Basically, if you think of the size of the pulley as torque and power further down the revs rather than out-right extra power. I have the CTS 187 mm crank pulley. :)

·
Registered
2015 Audi S5 6spd
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke with the IE tuner. He said that 183mm crank pulley would be better suited for them and it would be plug ang play. 187mm, I will need to data log it and send it to them and hopefully they will find a right tune

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Who's doing the remap? A good remapper should be to remap regardless of pulley size as the SC is just an air pump and they can map it however they want utilising whatever boost they want from the SC. Like I said, the bigger the pulley, the lower down the power torque is available to play with.

Standard SC speed is about 17,000rpm and with a 183mm pulley at new higher revs (which most remappers will do and raise rev limit for gear change on auto box) of 7000rpm will be about 20.000rpm.

This is a good spreadsheet Audizine B8 S4 Pulley Chart

·
Registered
2015 Audi S5 6spd
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who's doing the remap? A good remapper should be to remap regardless of pulley size as the SC is just an air pump and they can map it however they want utilising whatever boost they want from the SC. Like I said, the bigger the pulley, the lower down the power torque is available to play with.

Standard SC speed is about 17,000rpm and with a 183mm pulley at new higher revs (which most remappers will do and raise rev limit for gear change on auto box) of 7000rpm will be about 20.000rpm.

This is a good spreadsheet Audizine B8 S4 Pulley Chart
Intergrated engineering will be the tuners
I already have stag1

I aim to misbehave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts