Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem with their fuel flap not opening?

Has happened in the past but could open it evenutally.

Was travelling home today and had about 150 miles to go and need to fill up as only had around 75 miles left before empty and tried to open it and it was stuck firm. Tried and tried and then had to try to pull it open only for the cover to come off but not the actual mechanism. Eventually opened it with a good yank. Filled up, reassembled the flap back in place and got home. Will take it into the dealership tomorrow morning.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this and make you aware of it.

Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the same problem, just needs some wd40 on the catch and should be fine

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have the same issue. What is a wd40?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Try unlocking the passenger side door

Just wondered if anyone else has had this and make you aware of it.
Actually, I think the problem you've described may not be an issue at all. Were you aware that the fuel filler door locks when the car is locked? What may be happening is that when you get out of your car at a gas (petrol) station, your passenger door remains locked. Well, when the passenger door is locked, the fuel filler door is locked as well. Given this design feature of the car, I have learned to press the unlock button on the door prior to getting out to fill up the car with gas. I discovered early on when I got my car that this was why my fuel filler door would not release.

Give it a try and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Actually, I think the problem you've described may not be an issue at all. Were you aware that the fuel filler door locks when the car is locked? What may be happening is that when you get out of your car at a gas (petrol) station, your passenger door remains locked. Well, when the passenger door is locked, the fuel filler door is locked as well. Given this design feature of the car, I have learned to press the unlock button on the door prior to getting out to fill up the car with gas. I discovered early on when I got my car that this was why my fuel filler door would not release.

I can vouch for TX... This happened to me and I didn't realize it... The doors were locked and the fuel door would not open... unlocked the car and the door was easily accessed..... Actually didn't realize this till the other day!

S5 continues to show its colors :moped:

·
Registered
40 Posts

I did this to myself once....felt like a real [email protected] when I found out what was wrong :wall:

·
Registered
491 Posts

hehe never fell for it on the S5! although i did almost pry the fuel door open on my 2005 infiniti fx35 the first week i got it:D:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the response guys.

I did check that the doors were all unlocked and it still wouldn't open . It is stuck firm. Not had a chance to go to the dealership yet but will let you know what is said.

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Isn't there a manual release in the luggage compartment? Doen't fix the problem but may avoid damage until it can be fixed.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks for the response guys.

I did check that the doors were all unlocked and it still wouldn't open . It is stuck firm. Not had a chance to go to the dealership yet but will let you know what is said.

Cheers
Hi There just a small note to say that this happened to me as well, as did both door handles dealer used teflon product on all 3 areas this has solved the problem hope this helps :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts