1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Audi A5 Sportback
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 A5 Quattro Sportback

Hi all,

Having trouble pinpointing juddering/vibration feedback in steering wheel. Starts around 60km/h and gets worse the faster you go. Feels like rough travel, steering wheel juddering left to right, but no vibration in chassis or brake pedal.

Car is on coilovers. Tyres have been changed, balanced twice, wheel alignment done. Upper control arms and bushings replaced. Tyres have enough tread on them and usually filled 36/40psi warm front/back.

Could the strut mount be causing it? CV joints and tie look fine. No play in the wheel when jacked up so not indicating any bearing issues or tie rod end.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
574 Posts
Do you have spacers on by any chance?

I had this issue on 20” and had small judder, ever so slightly, but with 20mm spacers it really exaggerated this, to the point I had to take them off as it was just annoying as hell.

Let us know if you find a resolution?

~Alex

·
Registered
2010 Audi A5 Sportback
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No spacers. I'm thinking strut mount but damn what a pain to confirm...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
These are the worst kind of problems to solve, I think. You can only really understand by going back to standard and then changing things one by one, and driving the car between each mod to see what happens. Pain, but its perhaps the only way to be 100% sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts