Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone find that the steering pulls from side to side and is quite unsettled under exceleration? this would only apply to front wheel drive cars. Mine is 1.8T. Its torque steer kind of feeling but its caused more by uneven road surface. feels like ive got massive wheels on but ive got 18" y design genuine wheels so offsets etc must be correct.

Also my car doesnt have a slider to adjust seatbelt height on door pillar. Do some models have this? Its very annoying without this as belt is cutting into my neck.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Anyone find that the steering pulls from side to side and is quite unsettled under exceleration?
Yep. Mostly only in 2nd though. Thats front wheel drive for you.

Also my car doesnt have a slider to adjust seatbelt height on door pillar. Do some models have this? Its very annoying without this as belt is cutting into my neck.
I don't have this feature on my 1.8 either, which I also find annoying.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
One of my first posts on this forum highlighted this a negative. Its a minor negative but I find I have to tuck the seatbelt under the collars or pull it back out the way. It is a pain.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi,

Anyone find that the steering pulls from side to side and is quite unsettled under exceleration? this would only apply to front wheel drive cars. Mine is 1.8T. Its torque steer kind of feeling but its caused more by uneven road surface. feels like ive got massive wheels on but ive got 18" y design genuine wheels so offsets etc must be correct.

Is called torque steer. Is particularly common in FWD cars with 180 to 200 BHP or more.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is called torque steer. Is particularly common in FWD cars with 180 to 200 BHP or more.
If you read my posts above properly, you wouldnt have replied with the above. I said its a torque steer type of feel but its caused more by uneven surfaces even if not excelerating. I know what torque steer is and can live with it but the way the steering feel and pull changes just driving over uneven surfaces is very poor really.
My car has 170 bhp so its not really very powerful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts