Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Maybe its me, but after having my new A5 (Sport quattro, STronic) for some weeks now the steering seems to be very heavy to me, particularly on cornering, thought it could be tyres, but they seem pressured OK. Does anyone else feel the same about the steering and/or should i be worried? Is it possible to check if this is correct, if so how?

·
Administrator
4,577 Posts
do you have Servotronic ??
or even Dynamic Steering ??

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
do you have Servotronic ??
or even Dynamic Steering ??
Think the Sport comes with Servotronic as standard.

Autopro, are you aware that, with Servotronic, as speed increases the steering gets progressively heavier, whereas it's very light at low speed? Is the cornering to which you refer at speeds of around 30mph or higher? This can feel quite heavy compared to slow speeds (say <15mph).

Would you agree Fred?

·
Administrator
4,577 Posts
Think the Sport comes with Servotronic as standard.

Autopro, are you aware that, with Servotronic, as speed increases the steering gets progressively heavier, whereas it's very light at low speed? Is the cornering to which you refer at speeds of around 30mph or higher? This can feel quite heavy compared to slow speeds (say <15mph).

Would you agree Fred?
Yes Dan, that's how it works.
if there is Servotronic, you can change the setting with Vag-Com to "Comfort", even if you don't have Dynamic Steering, with ADS.
Mine is in "Comfort" all the time :)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Yes Dan, that's how it works.
if there is Servotronic, you can change the setting with Vag-Com to "Comfort", even if you don't have Dynamic Steering, with ADS.
Mine is in "Comfort" all the time :)
That's interesting Fred. How light does "Comfort" make it? Does it still have progresive heaviness, just not as much as default?

·
Administrator
4,577 Posts
That's interesting Fred. How light does "Comfort" make it? Does it still have progresive heaviness, just not as much as default?
when it is in "Auto", it is difficult to put your hand on the wheel and turn it quickly, as you would do, when turning in a street.
it does get a little heavier at speed, but not as much.
at the same time, it does not feel dead, as older american cars would.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
when it is in "Auto", it is difficult to put your hand on the wheel and turn it quickly, as you would do, when turning in a street.
it does get a little heavier at speed, but not as much.
at the same time, it does not feel dead, as older american cars would.
Would be interested in the coding for that if you could dig it out Fred. :deal:

·
Administrator
4,577 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·