Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in the other post, this was all installed yesterday. Steven's Creek Audi did a good job of the installation and so far, I'm happy with the results. Here are just a few pictures I took:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. But if you scour YouTube, there are some already by STaSIS already recorded.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've noticed the following on my Stasis roll bar:
On the bendies and twisties the roll bar is awesome, you feel the road even more and god the grip and even more grip. Well worth the money, and it's just a few hundred dollars!

Getting into driveways or over speed bumps, however, be prepared to be tittering and tottering like a see saw hahahaha. But do bear in mind I'm on the lowest possible setting on my coilovers.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Getting into driveways or over speed bumps, however, be prepared to be tittering and tottering like a see saw hahahaha. But do bear in mind I'm on the lowest possible setting on my coilovers.
Can you explain what you mean by this? I have coilovers as well and am looking to get the bar.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by this? I have coilovers as well and am looking to get the bar.
The bar reduces roll and flex. So, when you go over inclines, you may be tittering on 3 wheels (one corner will be elevated depending on how you approached the incline) due to the added stiffness. The raised end will be planted back onto the ground once enough of your car is past the incline.

Hope that clarifies things =)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks awesome and the sound on youtube is great. How much did cost to install?
The total cost was $340 for 2 hours worth of work. The good news is, after ordering the pieces, I get a newsletter from STaSIS there's a $500 discount on the exhaust system. The discount, however, only applies to the internet orders! So I balked at them and because of the unique timing of events, I got $400 removed from the exhaust system (claiming $100 shipping had I ordered online) which I felt was still a good compromise. So in essence, the saving spaid for the labor and 45% of the sales tax.

·
Registered
230 Posts
thats a deal, i was thinking about doing the exhaust.... we shall see what the future holds for me

·
Registered
643 Posts
Mine's on the way! Couldn't ignore this sale, jumped on it.

Could you take some pictures from a little further away from the car? Or from the sides? I'm really interested to see how the fitment is. Was the fitment easy for your installer to adjust?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Below is a p-chop brightness added picture I took:

Where I point out the catalytic converters ( can be seen from the passenger side, under the seat area) there are a pair of clamps from each cat. This is where the SS system starts. If I were installing it, I'd have them loose and adjust the mufflers as needed before final tightening .

Also note the "center" tie with two bolts closer to the rear where the pipes diverge; the center metal piece has oblong holes for a little adjustment. I can't see up there but wondering if it's just a hanger point as well. Not sure, just guessing.

The little hanger rods welded to the mufflers should be in the proper position.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry, I just re-read your post. I didn't take any pictures from a distance but as you can figure from the fist photos, it sticks out at least an additional 1" from the OEM tail pipes. From the side, it IS noticable!

·
Registered
643 Posts
would you say it could be tucked in a bit more into the bumper? I'm not too keen on the extreme tip length/aftermarket look. I like keeping things looking as close to stock as possible.

Aside from that, how's the SOUND?!? Is it close to the stasis youtube video?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked under and the muffler is welded on both sides. The tail piece itself has about 1.5" left before it hits the rear collar of the visible tip. In theory, you can have a shop un-weld it, and slide the tip back a full 1" and re-weld it (after trimming any excess.) I would imagine it will be in the same position as the OEM's.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My exhaust hanger fell off! what is this bs, so far stasis has only been trouble even though it sounds amazing....dnt you hate when that happens!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well welcome to the Audi family.
An S5 comes factory modded! :D Unlike my Passat, this one will be pretty much STaSIS equipped. It's tough not touching the hardware but warrantied mods is pretty good. My next purchase will probably be Ohlin's towards the end of the year. Have to really see how the weak economy affects my plans (or not.)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts