Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some Preliminary Pics from Vicktor @ Continental - Car has under 100 miles on it, as I took delivery last week.

Stasis Ohlins Suspension, Sway Bar, & Exhaust (ECU upgrade should be completed by early spring, as it is not available yet)

MTM 8 Piston Brembo Brake Kit

Just in time for Christmas!!

Right click attached thumbnail below and click open link

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mtm brake kit

This set up is incredible! I am glad I paid the extra money over the alcon setup, and the dealership and stasis allowed me to substitute the mtm bb kit.
Jack at Continental Audi did all the upgrades, so I can not take credit on the install. This setup uses factory RS6 audi brake pads for easy serviceability.

I am still waiting for a rear setup that integrates the emergency brake. I was told from Viktor @ continental Audi in Naperville the rear calipers of the s5 actually house the motor for the emergency brake, but if anyone is going to be first to the market with this upgrade it will be mtm. I would even be satisfied with a matching set of rear rotors.

Mike Hoppen is great to work with. http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/

More pics in my pic gallaries. As it is -17 in wi today, the weather has not been condusive for nice pics or even taking the car out on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Any brake pedal response difference? Do you have to push the pedal down further before it bites compared to stock?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mtm brake kit

I only drove car 50 miles before stasis/mtm upgrade, but mtm brake kit gives instant braking and pedal response. A little squeaking when when or very cold until heated, but well worth it.

Should be very comparable to stock pedal feel as pads are from RS6 and rotors are monstorous 380mmx34.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I only drove car 50 miles before stasis/mtm upgrade, but mtm brake kit gives instant braking and pedal response. A little squeaking when when or very cold until heated, but well worth it.

Should be very comparable to stock pedal feel as pads are from RS6 and rotors are monstorous 380mmx34.
Not concerned with pad compound difference, more with the fact that you're going from a floating point caliper (the line only pressurizes one side) to a multi-piston (line splits pressure between both sides of the caliper). I've done big brake upgrades on a couple of cars that went from floating to multi-piston and invariably they all had to have their pedal pushed down further to get the same braking. *shrug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.