Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a new member and was hoping to get anyone's thoughts on the new Stasis enhancements that are being done for the S5. Does anyone have any feedback on Stasis and their products? Here's what they have planned:

Challenge Edition
Inspired by the STaSIS World Challenge racecars, the Challenge Edition is designed for those seeking unparalleled performance and real world livability. The S5 Challenge Edition is an everyday racer utilizing brake, suspension, differential, and ecu tuning derived from World Challenge Racing. Astounding road going comfort and exhilarating on track performance are the hallmark of a packaged upgrade. STaSIS Engineers apply a complimentary design approach ensuring the Challenge Edition package outperforms the components alone.

Power
· 364 hp 340 ft-lb
· ECU Upgrade -Developed in conjunction with Mahle Motorsport and GIAC for unsurpassed power, reliability and drivability.

Exhaust
· CAT back free flowing exhaust allows engine to breathe better for greater performance
· 2.5” Stainless Steel
· STaSIS Laser Engraved Tips

Suspension
· Ohlins SL w/ addition of Rear Sway Bar
· Increased spring rate for better handling
· STaSIS digressive damper valving for factory ride comfort
· Lowers car

Wheels and Tires
· 20” x 10”
· 295/30-20 Ultra High Performance Tires
· Forged wheel construction
· Light weight for better acceleration and more responsive handling

Brakes
· Alcon Mono6 Calipers
· 370mm Floating/Slotted Rotor

Center High Bias Differential
· Put power down to the ground for quicker acceleration
· Raise bias from 2:1 to 4:1

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Just curious... do you currently have an S5 or one on order?

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
TXcarguy, I have one on order. (Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather Interior, Manual, Premium Package, Technology Package, Navi, B & O sound, Carbon Atlas inlays, Damper system)

The reason for the inquiry is the dealer where I'm getting the car is a certified Stasis dealer and recommended the upgrades because it still puts the car under the manufacturer's warranty.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Having the car remain fully covered by the manufacturer's warranty after performing mods is definitely a good thing. BTW, nice color you chose for your S5.

·
Registered
196 Posts
dsb-s5
Congrats on the new S5. It will be worth the wait. I live in Reno (right over the hill from you) and I am looking to get some mods but I don't want to blow off the warranty. Who is your dealer? My dealer won't even change any codes as they are worried about litigation. Also, what are the prices for the Stasis mods--is it a complete kit or can things be ordered individually? I couldn't find any prices on the Stasis web site.

2008 S5, Ibis White w/Tuscan Brown, 6 sp, loaded (for an 08)

·
Registered
39 Posts
dsb-s5: sweet, someone else from the bay area! i'm guessing you're ordering through steven's creek/penske audi, no? i bought my first audi there but my confidence level in them is low. let me know what you end up going with. we'll definitely pass each other as i work down in your area (live in sf). is there any mention of improved gas mileage by the way?! and when's your car scheduled to arrive?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
drjer1

I'm going through Stevens Creek Audi in San Jose.

Audi of Stevens Creek
3350 Stevens Creek Boulevard
San Jose, CA 95117
408-244-5400

The Stasis sales guy there, Enrique, has been great to work with. He doesn't mind taking the time to talk to you about the products and he's even test driven the Stasis car so he is speaking from personal experience.

As for pricing, I've been speaking with them for a few weeks now and they just completed all of their testing. Pricing should be coming out in a week or two. You can either buy the Signature Series packages that they have (Touring Edition or Challenge Edtion) or you can buy the components separately. They said that if you buy one of the packages, that you would get a bit of a discount on each of the components. The ball park estimate for the Challenge Edition is roughly $9K - $10K. Estimates for the 3 components that I inquired about are as follows:

Exhaust systems - $2500
Suspension system - $1500
Differential - $2000

Note that this does not include installation and again, these are just ball park figures based upon similar components they make for other Audi vehicles. Rough figures for these 3 components installed is about $7K, give or take a few hundred.

Hope this helps........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
traydenbellean,

The Stasis guy said that if you get the software, it's supposed to improve gas mileage but they didn't give any specifics. I've heard mixed reviews on whether or not it's really going to make that much of a difference, if any at all. I wasn't really interested in it since I'm not really looking to race the car or anything like that. I'm just looking to make the car a little more "fun" to drive.

As for my experience with Stevens Creek Audi, so far so good. I'm working with a lady Cassandra to get my car and I've been speaking with their Stasis sales guy, Enrique, for updates but I've had a relatively good experience so far. What happened with your experience? Scheduled arrival for my car is October/November.

Looking forward to seeing you on the road...

·
Registered
204 Posts
is the $1500 somekind of package price for the suspension
I heard that the Stasis-Ohlins coilover kit for the RS4 is about
$2700 so if the S5 system is only $1500 that is great news.
I think I'll definetly will go for that.

Tonny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tonny,

That's great info. The Stasis sales guy did say he was only guessing on the ball park figures but I'll certainly double check with him again in the next week or so to make sure. Hopefully, we'll have the pricing out from Stasis so I can give you guys some real numbers. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
dsb-S5
Thanks for the info. Keep us up to date on your progress with Stasis. When you get it, consider a road trip to Reno!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
traydenbellean,

The Stasis guy said that if you get the software, it's supposed to improve gas mileage but they didn't give any specifics. I've heard mixed reviews on whether or not it's really going to make that much of a difference, if any at all. I wasn't really interested in it since I'm not really looking to race the car or anything like that. I'm just looking to make the car a little more "fun" to drive.

As for my experience with Stevens Creek Audi, so far so good. I'm working with a lady Cassandra to get my car and I've been speaking with their Stasis sales guy, Enrique, for updates but I've had a relatively good experience so far. What happened with your experience? Scheduled arrival for my car is October/November.

Looking forward to seeing you on the road...
Did you get a rough price for the ECU tuning? I am interested in the extra hp more than the rest. Good news though as you are the first to confirm they will do individual items rather than one big package as most of it I could do without. My dealer I am purchasing from is not a Stasis one but back in Chicago my preferred dealer is. Good to know. Now if only i had the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
mmaturo,

I did not get the pricing on the ECU but I can put in a call tomorrow to check the estimates on the rest of the components. I'll post them then.
There is an advertisement and/or article in my Quattro Mag that came today. It states the whole challenge package is is $16K.

·
Registered
907 Posts
What I ideally want is the visual that I have with the H&R -1" springs and spacers, the improved "planted" driving feel, but something a little kinder to the kidneys:eek: Does any one know of such an option available in the U.K?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hiya Graham, you not interested in the KW coliover solution Doubledoom and Manor have had fitted and Ian and I are going for week after next? Seems to tick all the boxes in terms of achieving the required compromise between lowered stance and 'tolerable' ride quality?

Also, got to say, absolutely loving those Champion Motorsport RS128 wheels on the Challenge car. In my opinion, the very best I've seen for the S5 (despite the DPE/HRE/360 leanings, particularly Stateside). Not cheap tho, at approx $1500 a corner - and I can't locate a UK supplier as of yet. Hmm.......

·
Registered
298 Posts
Having the car remain fully covered by the manufacturer's warranty after performing mods is definitely a good thing. BTW, nice color you chose for your S5.
+1 on the color choice. I went tuscan brown for interior though (wanted a bit of contrast compared to my last car (Black/black)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hiya Graham, you not interested in the KW coliover solution Doubledoom and Manor have had fitted and Ian and I are going for week after next? Seems to tick all the boxes in terms of achieving the required compromise between lowered stance and 'tolerable' ride quality?

Also, got to say, absolutely loving those Champion Motorsport RS128 wheels on the Challenge car. In my opinion, the very best I've seen for the S5 (despite the DPE/HRE/360 leanings, particularly Stateside). Not cheap tho, at approx $1500 a corner - and I can't locate a UK supplier as of yet. Hmm.......
Hi EssFive, yes I am interested in the coilovers. I didn't realise it was available yet. I haven't been on the forum much in the last few weeks so must have missed it. I'll do a search, but would appreciate a link. is Ed fitting them?

Will you and Ian be at Castle Coombe on the 26th? and will they be fitted by then?

I agree about the wheels, but over £3K for them:eek: ( presumably plus the rubber?) is steep. Also the rims look very close to the edge of the tyre which makes them too easy to kerb ( particularly with the summer months, pretty girl distractions by the roadside, and whoops! ) :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.