Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available in two sizes for the front only, the kits include:-

370 or 390mm X 32mm front grooved disc
Alcon Mono 6 brake calliper
Front brake pad set
Hose kit

Both kits are available for all A4/S4/A5/S5 B8 chassis and we are offering these with over £200 of savings for one month as shown below:

370mm kit: £2550 INC VAT

390mm kit: £2750 INC VAT

Fitting for either kit including brake fluid upgrade: £180 INC VAT

Like the exhaust offer these offers are only available to UK based customers.

To register interest or take part please post up or email/phone [email protected] or 01280 840491

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Hey good to see you back on this forum Ed!

Think I'll be wanting a different solution once I've killed the current discs, perhaps 390mm's will be the ticket :D

Got some big 20's on now mate, the RS's look great ....

but bigger never hurt :D and you know the main reason I need to change LOL

As you'll see from the pic below what I really need is some bigger discs on the rears!

Got any ideas?

BTW, I still intend to book the car with you for the ducting, just a matter of finding the time at present!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Spinner, good to hear from you!

Very nice, your S5 is looking very well indeed :thumbsup:

The 390mm kit would be the way forward really, we have a set fitted to a B8 S4 that has had some hard track use and holds up perfectly. Agreed about the rears, they look a bit lost now and those wheels would show off some nice bigger rears very well. Let me find out what could be done here.

Give me a shout when you have a spare day for the ducting.

Speak soon,

Ed

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Cheers Ed, I'll let you know.

Was at Bruntingthorpe today, 150-155mph down the back straight but a tad late on the brakes a couple of times and the pads blued badly. Good thing was the discs held out, leads me to believe that those Audi pads are definately worth replacing with something better. Got advised that Pagid Brake Pad Products. are top notch, you had any experience with them?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Ed, I'll let you know.

Was at Bruntingthorpe today, 150-155mph down the back straight but a tad late on the brakes a couple of times and the pads blued badly. Good thing was the discs held out, leads me to believe that those Audi pads are definately worth replacing with something better. Got advised that Pagid Brake Pad Products. are top notch, you had any experience with them?
Yes these are defiantly worth using if you plan to be doing hard use like this. Either the RS4-2 or the RS29 would be the ones to go for.

Some details here: Brakes | Audi RS6 V8 | APS

Glad the discs held out, they probably want a good clean up now though.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Yep discs definately need a clean, drilled holes are full of muck! I put the stock wheels back on aiming to kill the tyres so I can look at some track day tyres in the near future.

Wooo they're not cheap are they LOL :yikes:

I assume I'd be best on the blue ones and would only need the fronts upgraded?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
That sounds reasonable, thanks!

We'll sort them out when I get up to you for the ducting.

Re cleaning the dics out. They are full of muck, I've got to have the wheels off anyway as I stuck the 19's back on for the track, I assume it's a case of pressure washing them?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds reasonable, thanks!

We'll sort them out when I get up to you for the ducting.

Re cleaning the dics out. They are full of muck, I've got to have the wheels off anyway as I stuck the 19's back on for the track, I assume it's a case of pressure washing them?

The best way to clean the discs is to use a drill with a small diameter drill bit to shift the brake dust in the holes, pressure washer won't do this as it will be baked in there.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Ah ok, will get onto that lovely job tomorrow then whilst changing the wheels over, the joys of motor sport hey LOL.

Thanks Ed!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Watch what your doing with the drill Matt ;)

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Ed, so how do you clean out the holes in the back of the disc as obviously they're offset from the front?

Didn't manage to get it at it today Kenny but be sure the safety glasses are going on !

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Ed, so how do you clean out the holes in the back of the disc as obviously they're offset from the front?

Didn't manage to get it at it today Kenny but be sure the safety glasses are going on !
Oh oh! Spinner + Drill = :bricks: :bolt:

By the way you need a right angled drill bit to get to the back of the disc ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
im saying nothing mate ;) hehe. just joking.

my car is in garage 2mw ;)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
my car is in garage 2mw ;)
Great news Kenny :thumbsup: Guess we probably won't get an update and pics until late tomorrow as you'll be out playing ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
its actually not getting done till late 2mw :( weather up here is shocking too :(
just got bumper painted and fitted last week :)

keep ur fingers crossed for 2mw

1 - 18 of 18 Posts