Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you don't even get a Start/Stop button without having the advanced key option. So if it's there, it works.

By the way, please update your profile to include your location. It helps us answer questions that may be based on the differences between our cars in different markets.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
the test car i drove had the start stop button, but not the advanced key !
I bet it did have advanced key as the start/stop button is only present with that option (AFAIAA).

What makes you think the test car didn't have advanced key if it had the button?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
the test car i drove had the start stop button, but not the advanced key !
It did have the advanced key but it appears the dealers dont know the difference. When I test drove mine the dealer told me to put the key in the slot and then press the button.

·
Registered
750 Posts
All models have the start button; however, if you don't have the "advanced key" option, you must first insert the key into the key slot before pressing the start/stop button.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
All models have the start button; however, if you don't have the "advanced key" option, you must first insert the key into the key slot before pressing the start/stop button.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you here CCompton - if you don't have Advanced Key, you don't have the Start/Stop button. End of story!

I'm quite sure that if you go to your local dealer and look in a selection of A/S5s, I'm convinced you will find that not all (if any) have Start/Stop buttons.

As for dealers saying that you need to insert the key and then press the button - which rather defeats the aim of Advanced Key when you think about it - it just goes to show that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
You only get the Start/Stop button with Advanced Key. If you have Advanced Key and put the key in the slot, it disables the button and you have to start it up the normal way (push the key if I remember right?). If you keep the key in your pocket, the button will work.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I ordered mine, with out the advanced key!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi Audi a5

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep mine doesn't have the Start/Stop button and I don't have advanced key either. I asked the question when he was showing me the controls and the dealer confirmed that you only get the start stop button with advanced key.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I ordered mine, with out the advanced key!
Well, it looks like you got it anyway - if that is a Start/Stop button I see on your console (hard to tell with the sunlight reflecting).

Have you tried any Advanced Key functions?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, it looks like you got it anyway - if that is a Start/Stop button I see on your console (hard to tell with the sunlight reflecting).
No, it looks like there is no start stop button. He's got a blank spece on the left side of the console. Perhaps you're noticing the volume knob on the right side. Remember, that picture is of a LHD car, so it would have the start button on the left.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
The button is always on the left regardless whether it's LHD or RHD and I'm not confusing it with the volume knob but you're right, there is no button.

Having taken a closer zoomed in look at sapper's picture, I can't make out what the detail is just above the Nav button. It is not a blank filler for the Stop/Start button because a) it's in the wrong place and b) there is no blank filler on non Start/Stop Button cars.

I think sapper tried to say that he ordered without Advanced Key and didn't get a button - but I misinterpreted his words - I think :eek:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
So RHD cars have the same ignition button position, same volume knob position, but different parking brake location?
Yep, weird huh?

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
So RHD cars have the same ignition button position, same volume knob position, but different parking brake location?

Huh...who knew?
Yes. This is actually one of the negatives of the Audi cars in the UK. The centre console is not reversed. This can put some of the things on the wrong side for RHD.

Not a big deal for most but the worst offender is actually the drinks holder. That is to the right of the console. If you have a drink in the drinks holder as a LHD car your arm misses it as you change gear. For RHD cars the drink can get in the way of your arm.

For the sake of a bit of plastic, not reversing the drinks holder is bad.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Step away from the pitchforks and torches...:rolleyes:

I originally was referring to the S5; however...I have been wrong at least one other time...so now it is two times. :p

Thanks for the support sizzle..eh...sort of...:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.