Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the car this morning and the start stop button didn't work. So I put the key in the slot and the car started up. On the non advance key cars is that how the car is started (i.e. just pushing the key in)? or is there still a start stop button to start the car that you need to engage after putting the key in the slot (this is how the BMW's work for non comfort access)?

Trying to do some troubleshooting as what the problem is...maybe the start stop button is stuck on or something. Everything else seems to be working fine and even tryed manually locking the car from a distance with the key fob to check battery and seemed fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
this happened to my car aswell exactly how u said, had to get the stealers to reprogramm the key, my other spare key worked fine though.

non advanced key cars do not have a starter button.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this happened to my car aswell exactly how u said, had to get the stealers to reprogramm the key, my other spare key worked fine though.

non advanced key cars do not have a starter button.
I'll try my other key when I get home tonight....weird

·
Registered
436 Posts
The stealership should be able to handle this.. Also, it should a under-warranty item for sure..

·
Registered
15 Posts
this key prob occured wen i had literally jus bought the car from audi and was set to drive off from the stealership for the first time! the salesman involved was a bit embaressed and recieved a few choice words :) hasnt happened since tho but the spare should def work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.