Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using stainless steel kitchen sink cleaner or similar to clean there exhaust tips.

A friend recommended it to me, and i was quite astonished with results. Got rid of 95% of the dirt build up, and now has that chrome like shine again :) - Haven't had that since i bought the car!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds like something I need to try, the chrome looks more tarnished each week.

Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were certain parts on the exhaust, where i thought "Im never gonna get rid of this". The actual rounded edges were pretty much pitch black, I had tried cleaning them when washing the car with normal stuff but the "old exhaust" look always remained.

After using the Sink cleaner it just looks like i have had new tips installed. I got the look also in less than 5 minutes, so this stuff does really work.

I just dabbed a bit of the solution onto cloth, rubbed onto the tips, left for about 2 minutes, rubbed it some more until the dark parts had completely gone, then rinsed and wiped the tips.

Result - LIKE NEW!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Result! - I've resorted to Wonder Wheel cleaner but even then needs to be left for sometime + damn good scrub.. Any particular brand being recommended here?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Result! - I've resorted to Wonder Wheel cleaner but even then needs to be left for sometime + damn good scrub.. Any particular brand being recommended here?
Tescos! Cif half price at the moment works well!!:cheers:

Worked well.. looks like a Neff oven now! ;-)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use the Autosol metal polish you can get from Halfords on the Milltek exhaust. Works fantastically well. And since the Milltek diameter is that bit bigger, you can even clean inside the pipes too for that extra-special effect :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
There are a variety of good chrome cleaning products that work really well.

However mine stay fairly clean. I spray my wheel cleaner on my tips before a car wash. It helps keep them really clean on a weekly basis.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found some very good cleaning products when I visited this source, especially that they serve for antioxidant pipes, they do not damage them and do not erode them, they may possibly be useful for their homes, I also wanted to ask if anyone knows of a good contractor service to fix my house, I'm thinking of renovating it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts