Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you absolutely can. The only concern you have to address regarding AWD is that the diameters of the front and rear match. Use a tire diameter calculator to make sure!

People have various concerns that running staggered rims will set off the anti-slip feature, and that is a legitimate concern - that's why the need for the matching diameter. It becomes particularly important with a transfer case (even viscous), and would quickly result in failure of components should you be off more than 1-2% in overall diameter. You really need to stay close.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes but no reason to on the S5. You can very wide wheels on the fronts (as with the rears). IMO it will look even better with wide wheels at all four corners. At least that is my plan.

Can you do staggered wheel setup on Quattro?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Regarding that, I'm thinking of possibly switching to michelin PS2's but keeping the stock rim which I like very much, I'm wondering if I can get away with 265's - isn't it an 8.5in rim ? I think that'd prob. be a large as would fit? I know the RS4 guys can squeeze a 275 on the stock rim going down to 30 sidewall but its a pain to do and that rim is a 9in as I remember

·
Registered
318 Posts
It shouldn't be a problem because the stock widths are 255 already which is pretty wide. 10mm shouldn't make much of a difference but visually it should help fill in the wheels wells better than the stock setup. I don't remember any Audi in recent memory that needs spacers so bad.

Regarding that, I'm thinking of possibly switching to michelin PS2's but keeping the stock rim which I like very much, I'm wondering if I can get away with 265's - isn't it an 8.5in rim ? I think that'd prob. be a large as would fit? I know the RS4 guys can squeeze a 275 on the stock rim going down to 30 sidewall but its a pain to do and that rim is a 9in as I remember

1 - 5 of 5 Posts