Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on the sprint booster unit for a 3.0tdi, I have a friend that bought himself a unit and he would sell it to me cheap so the price is not the question. He is far away from where I live so Im not able to test the unit out on my car, so I don't know it would really make any difference on the throttle response. I have seen clips and some recommendations for the unit.

Is it worth the extra 100euros? The unit itself costs like 250euro out in stores.
And yes im running a custom tune in the car but I feel like the throttle response could be even better since its a manual car.
cheers

Oscar

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't bother.
They don't add/increase power.
They just give a more linear throttle response to the pedal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any thoughts on the sprint booster unit for a 3.0tdi, I have a friend that bought himself a unit and he would sell it to me cheap so the price is not the question. He is far away from where I live so Im not able to test the unit out on my car, so I don't know it would really make any difference on the throttle response. I have seen clips and some recommendations for the unit.

Is it worth the extra 100euros? The unit itself costs like 250euro out in stores.
And yes im running a custom tune in the car but I feel like the throttle response could be even better since its a manual car.
cheers

Oscar
Sprint booster will work well with your engine.
It is true it does not add any power, yet car feels more responsive and acceleration lag appears to be reduced.
I got old v1 sprint booster and it works well. General feeling is that car in drive feels like driving in sport.
100euros is not a lot for it, I would risk spending that. If you don't like it, you can always sell it without loss.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I haven't pulled the trigger because I'm cheap, but all the reviews I've read by people who actually own it is positive.

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
I fitted a similar one to my old 3.2 A5 and I liked it for the throttle feel. Just dont expect it to be spectacular cos it aint...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.