Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, very few SB cars around?

As its pretty much an S / RS only colour, you would imagine it might be more popular?

Its an outside bet for me at the mo......... :eek:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Aiden,
My S4 was the old Nogaro Blue which was replaced by SB and I had it for the very reason you outlined - it's supposed to be a unique 'S' colour. However Audi do occasional special editions, and you could get a previous shape TT in Nogaro, and I've seen a few A4 and A6s in Nogaro.

I've also seen a Sprint Blue A6 TDi in the parking lot of my dealer, so seems some people are willing to pay the extra to have their particular choice. I really like it, especially on the S5, however I though it was time for a change from blue after my last 2 cars were blue, hence the black. Also not worth spending £1700 to get a specific colour from the Audi range.

It is however a very, very bright blue, and does shout "look at me" a bit to much for some tastes.

To quote Billy Connolly, it's not so much "blue" as "BLUE"!:D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I've seen some pics and it does look nice, but it is a bright colour for a relatively large car. Additionally, similar colours have been very popular with other manufacturers of 'lesser' cars, such as the peugeot 1/2/3/407 so there's a lot of bright blue metallics around right now. Personally I think the S5 looks good in 'classic' colours... Black/Silver/White. I would hazard a guess that others feel this way too and hence it not being too popular. ? :)

But these things are subjective and it will look great anyhow!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, maybe stick with Phantom then :eek:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That's just my opinion. ask TX..doodah to dig out sprint blue pics from the archives and YOU decide! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I'm not sure why it's not appearing to be popular, coz I love it!

If I had an S5, it would be in Sprint Blue. After seeing a few on the road, it's a gorgeous colour.

Rab.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
To be fair, it's a gorgeous car in any colour! ;) I don't think there's any one colour which 'sets it off' they all look good.

If you want to be different, don't get the phantom! The sprint will really get noticed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not unpopular with me. I own one. For pics and more comments, see my posts on my "It's Here" thread (you'll note from the pics that I've equipped the car with aftermarket 18" winter tires and wheels):

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/its-here-928/index.html

I will say that I was not expecting the color to be what it turned out to be. As I said in the other thread, I originally ordered in Brilliant Red, but then worried that in that color I would attract too much attention from law enforcement. The joke on me was that I switched to Sprint Blue, which is even more conspicuous, IMO.

Because I ordered when there were no cars, or even brochures, on this side of the pond, and because even when I got the brochure the paint chip in it does not really match the actual color, I was a little shocked when I went to the dealer to pick up my car. (I was expecting the classic Audi metallic light blue that I'd seen on many Audis over the years.) Anyway, the color is actually very close to the Laguna Seca Blue that BMW made available on its M cars for a while. And, now that I've had it for two weeks, I can say that it has really grown on me and I like it very much.

I have been trying to find out whether anyone else in the States has one in the color. For now, at least on this site, no one in the US has admitted to it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think sprint blue is a great color, unfortunately so many kid tuners (chevy cobalts, dodge neons, etc.) are popular in a similar color, and this has kind of spoiled it for me. At least in Pittsburgh, it seems that you can't have a bright blue car without installing oversized mufflers that sound flatulent first (darn I hate those things). I do want to see pics of yours though Jeff SC. Maybe some quality pics of a great car in what should be righteous clothing will take the bitter taste out of my mouth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys

I'm new to this forum. I've been following it over the past few months and I have found it excellent.

As for the Sprint Blue colour option, I was a little apprehensive about it. But now that I have it, I really think it's great. I also think that over the coming months/years we will begin to see more and more A5s on the roads. I agree that this car looks good in any colour but the Sprint Blue will always be unique to S5s.

That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I almost went for it. However I was trying to tone down from World Rally Blue on my last two Subaru's. So I went for Meteor Gray. No thanks on the black. I have been there before. Twice a week washings minimum on black.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Guys

I'm new to this forum. I've been following it over the past few months and I have found it excellent.

As for the Sprint Blue colour option, I was a little apprehensive about it. But now that I have it, I really think it's great. I also think that over the coming months/years we will begin to see more and more A5s on the roads. I agree that this car looks good in any colour but the Sprint Blue will always be unique to S5s.

That's just my opinion.
Hey, what neck of the woods are you from? Where did you order? :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
the sprint blue is a very sporty color, looks really nice in the youtube video.
The only problem with it here in the state side is that we have the amber corner lights and that really makes it stand out. I believe if jeff got the clear euro lights, the sprint blue would be more of a stunner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all!! My name is Han and I have been reading up on the S5 through this forum over the past few weeks and decided to join! I am going to order a Sprint Blue S5 if I can get a few things worked out. I currently have a 2003 Nissan 350Z (LeMans Sunset color), a 2004 Jeep Wrangler (Electric Lime Green Pearl color), and a 2006 Hummer H2 (Yellow) so you can probably see why I like the Sprint Blue Color!! :) Unfortunately I am leasing the Hummer and would lose too much $$ if i were to try to trade it in so I am exploring the option of "selling" my lease using an online service. Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and put my 2 cents in that I think the Sprint Blue color is great, and I hope things work out so that I can at least order the S5 before summer!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, what neck of the woods are you from? Where did you order? :)
I'm from Tyrone. I bought from Agnews in Portadown. I have it over a month now, chaned from an A4.

Be prepared to hit the pumps quite often! But its worth it!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a Sprint Blue S5 coming in. It is in transit from the port at R.I. currently and I should see it late this week.
For me, it was the only color I wanted. I loved Nogaro before and any S/RS vehicle for me has to be Sprint! I'll post pics as soon as I have it ready. I already have H&R springs ready to go on.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Welcome Hans! That's possibly the most ridiculous (not in a bad way) "trade-in" we've yet seen for an S5! a Hummer! (huge step up, btw...)

All three cars I've driven have been either straight blue, or a shade of blue. I think I've finally decided I need to move away from it. Ibis will be what I order when I finally can.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a Sprint Blue S5 coming in. It is in transit from the port at R.I. currently and I should see it late this week.
For me, it was the only color I wanted. I loved Nogaro before and any S/RS vehicle for me has to be Sprint! I'll post pics as soon as I have it ready. I already have H&R springs ready to go on.
Definitely get those pics up fast. I'm sure it will be a real looker.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts