Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 A5 Sportback and I live out in the middle of nowhere, so ordering heavy parts is a 1-way street for me.

I love the RS5 grill and I want to install it, I found a bumper conversion kit at BKS Tuning which includes the following parts:

1x front bumper
1x Grill
1x Lower spoiler (Alu Matte, Paintable)
1x Spoiler insert (Alu Matte, Black glossy)
2x RS5 Front fenders
hardware
Core Support
2x Air vents (black glossy)

My question is, are all of these parts necessary? I realize that I must replace the bumper to install the grill, but what about the rest? This kit goes for $5500 which is a hefty price to pay so you can install a $800 grill...

·
Registered
111 Posts
You should be able to purchase the RS5 grill seperatly from this bumper kit.
It is not neccessary to purchase another bumper, all grills fit the differents types.
Ea. there is no difference between non s-line, s-line/S5 or RS bumper (fitment of grill that is)

If you purchase the RS5 bumper there could be minor fitment issues in the area where it connects to the arches.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
What you seem to be looking at is the complete RS 5 bumper swap. What you ought to be looking at, according to this thread, is just this. Fitment should be more than perfect.

A little more infor here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Epic

You guys are awesome!

The service adviser at the dealer here (Qatar) was adamant that the grill would not fit on the stock bumper, even though from a cursory glance it looks like it has the exact same dimensions.

So I went ahead and ordered myself the matt alu rs5 grill for $820 plus the RS5 pedals, thats about all I want from the RS line really :p

Anticipation is killing me, I have complete CF trim coming in from oCarbon.com in about 3-4 weeks (including mmi and vent), as well as a quad-tip ABT exhaust, and the s-line side skirts, HOEN xenonmatch fogs, and full crystal white interior LED replacement. Can't wait to see how this all turns out :D

Edit:

I'm thinking of doing something with my brakes. I'm not really a track person, and the brake squeal from the high-dust OEM pads is driving me nuts (lotsa start-stop traffic here). Thinking of getting EBC redstuff, but worried it will release red brake dust and look ridiculous on my 19" Y-spokes.

I love the look of red calipers, I saw someone on this forum painted his calipers red and added white Audi decals. Looks nice from a distance, but cheap close-up. I'm thinking more along the lines of brembo calipers but I don't know if you can buy those individually? Been looking around parts website and you can only seem to get them with the Brembo GT kit which costs an arm and a leg..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sportback: Absolutely!

btw, is it worth getting the S5 alu mirror housings on a silver car? You seem to have them on your Monza Silver (I have Ice Silver), can't really tell how it looks from your avatar :p

·
Registered
642 Posts
what you should be looking at is the rs5 grill plus the RS5 look bumper from hofele (@lltek)
this makes it so you do not need the fenders.
Body Kit Syling for Audi S5 by Rieger

your welcome

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what you should be looking at is the rs5 grill plus the RS5 look bumper from hofele (@lltek)
this makes it so you do not need the fenders.
Body Kit Syling for Audi S5 by Rieger

your welcome
that rieger kit looks sexy, but is probably going to be problematic to install as Audilicious said because the wheelbase of the sportback is the same as the A4 wheelbase, not the A5 coupe :/

·
Registered
111 Posts
that rieger kit looks sexy, but is probably going to be problematic to install as Audilicious said because the wheelbase of the sportback is the same as the A4 wheelbase, not the A5 coupe :/
Actually this is the perfect solution if you also want the RS styled front bumper. It fits directly on the car as the sportback and coupé are basicly the same.. Only diff. is in the wheelbase, like you said +/- same as A4.
What I allready read on forums is that Rieger is not known for their perfect fitting though..

Don't know what engine you have, but I would have opted for AWE - Milltek or APR instead of Abt. Their products are good but it is basicly a different muffler with fake tips attached to the rear valance.. :thumbsdown:

Have you thought about OEM S5 or RS5 brakes instead of Brembo? :)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Sportback: Absolutely!

btw, is it worth getting the S5 alu mirror housings on a silver car? You seem to have them on your Monza Silver (I have Ice Silver), can't really tell how it looks from your avatar :p
I think with my colour it works OK - if it is lighter the difference is hard to see particularly if you are shelling out £££££££ for the covers as they are not cheap

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I allready read on forums is that Rieger is not known for their perfect fitting though..
Haha, and for once that might come in handy :p

Don't know what engine you have, but I would have opted for AWE - Milltek or APR instead of Abt. Their products are good but it is basicly a different muffler with fake tips attached to the rear valance.. :thumbsdown:
Honestly it is because my local Audi dealer is also an authorized ABT dealer so that makes things easier, but I am open to other options.. I'm mostly interested in improving acoustics, since I want to maintain the warranty on my brand new car, I'm stuck with catbacks. I've read many good things about the AWE exhaust on this forum, but since I have the S-tronic I am worried about drone..

Another factor for me is shipping, DHL to where I live costs a fortune, are exhausts usually heavy parts?

Have you thought about OEM S5 or RS5 brakes instead of Brembo? :)
I'm fine with my current rotors, and I've gone with Hawk ceramics for the pads. OEM calipers aren't as "flash" as the bright brembos.

I don't know much about brakes, but I'm sure I can purchase brembo calipers separately, I just wish I knew what type/dimensions fit my car :(

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
as well as a quad-tip ABT exhaust
IMO, you could have spent the insanely expensive total amount on a better set-up. :wall:
+ all you get is a set of rear-boxes:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMO, you could have spent the insanely expensive total amount on a better set-up. :wall:
+ all you get is a set of rear-boxes:thumbsdown:
I guess the only advantage of the ABT kit is that it includes a quad-tip compatible rear skirt, while other kits require the S-line one (which I don't have as I don't think the S-line exterior is aggressive enough)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
To each their own....hope ur happy with your choice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, you've managed to convince me not to get the ABT set, looking into AWE options for the sportback now (and still undecided on upgrading to quad-tip or sticking to dual 2-side tip like I have now)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts