Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking very hard about ordering an A5. I currently drive an '06 Volvo S60R 6 speed manual. I love the split leather interiors but know they are only available in europe. I've seen them on the italian audi site. Has anybody ever tried to do this. I asked my audi guy and he said to get him the order codes for that interior and he'd check.

I'm thinking about an aruba blue with blue/gray leather interior. It would look sharp. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have got the aruba blue with 'star silver + stone blue' option on order. Delivery is expected in mid June. However, I am not too sure how it would look. I had actually ordered for the plain star silver valcona. My dealer misread and ordered the split leather and its too late to change the order as the car is already scheduled for delivery in June.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have got the aruba blue with 'star silver + stone blue' option on order. Delivery is expected in mid June. However, I am not too sure how it would look. I had actually ordered for the plain star silver valcona. My dealer misread and ordered the split leather and its too late to change the order as the car is already scheduled for delivery in June.
Yes, but you are in UAE. I am in the USA. The question was directed to the U.S. market since we have very limited interior color options.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw it on the italian site. So maybe it's cloth/leather...I don't care. I had a cloth/leather split seat on my '04 volvo S60 and it was nice. I just want something different, unique that nobody else has. I think starting with the A5 is one way

·
Registered
8 Posts
aha. my misunderstanding...split as in leather/alcantara or cloth/leather - not referring to the leather process.

personally, I'm a big fan of the leather/alcantara available in the S5. Perhaps the same could be special ordered in the A5...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This would be the car I'd love to have. Please post pics when it comes in. I think it will look amazing!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
soledoc, you can see pics of the Star Silver/Stone Blue color combo here:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/grey-dash-cant-713/index.html?p=7269
Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Now my quest begins to see if I can get it here. Why is the U.S. so limited with these interior color choices. They are soooooo boring....beige/tan/linen whatever and grey/silver/parchment...blah blah blah. I hate it. You go to europe and see all these cool interiors. And sticks! Why can't americans drive sticks! Another pet peeve of mine. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was referring to the fact that less than 10% of american cars are manual transmissions. That's all. In europe, it's 90% manual transmissions. That's all I was saying.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i feel your pain. My wife taught me how to drive stick here in germany.. and now I would never go back to automatic if I could get a stick! That is true though, most ppl in the states do drive autos. I guess it depends on where you drive. If you drive in traffic mostly, an auto is a lot easier since your clutch foot. :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
As you can get any color you want for ~$4k. I would imagine for the right price you can get the Italian interior in your US car. The only problem may be the seats have not been "tested" for US airbag or wiplash or etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As you can get any color you want for ~$4k. I would imagine for the right price you can get the Italian interior in your US car. The only problem may be the seats have not been "tested" for US airbag or wiplash or etc.
???? Why would the color of the seats have anything to do with safety? They do specific tests for whiplash, etc. based on color. It's not a different seat, just color.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well if you have S5 seats of full leather and you switch to a leather/ alcantara mix then maybe they move different. It does not have to make sense as it is the US government we are talking about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.