Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone in Australia had any success with activating the Speech Control on their A5/S5?

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To any one in Oz that's interested, I've got SDS working in my S5 Cab and am happy to assist if I can. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lucas,

SDS basically allows you to use the speech control button on the right of the steering wheel to activate the voice activated Navigation and Telephone controls. This is achieved by changing the coding in the 5F module of the car using a vagcom cable.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
35 Posts
That makes sense - I usually press the button and scream into it, sometimes this will call people that I don't wish to speak into.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone in Australia had any success with activating the Speech Control on their A5/S5?

Cheers
Tony
Tony,

I've had it done and takes less than 2 minutes via VAGCOM.

Might as well get rid of the 'blinking' LEDs while you are in there.

Good luck

·
Banned
390 Posts
Local Accents

Must try this Speech Control but wonder how it works with different accents.

I use a Blackberry and a Nokia in my car and cannot get the Blackberry to recognise HOME when I shout at it so gave up!

Anyone got any idea what to do as I don't think I can assign my 'voice tag' to the Blackberry.

All the best

·
Registered
152 Posts
Your in luck mate, as the voice tag and number is stored in the car and not phone.

You issue some pre-recorded commands, it then repeats it to confirm and you go from there.

So the process for me was (roughly):

1. Press steering wheel button
2. Say "store name"
3. Car "name please"
4. Say "homer Simpson"
5. Car "the name is ...... Is that correct?"
6. Say "yes"
7. Car "number please"
8. Say "0444" and pause
9. Car "0444"
10. Keep going like this, say "back" and it will remove the last digit.

You have to repeat this to store more names.

When you want to use it, you need to press the button and say "select name", "name please", "homer Simpson", car plays back YOUR recording hopefully and then say "dial". "The number is being dialed"

A bit painful to setup but works well for me

This MAY be different depending on the headunit(concert, symphony etc) or if you have Nav.

Must try this Speech Control but wonder how it works with different accents.<br>
<br>
I use a Blackberry and a Nokia in my car and cannot get the Blackberry to recognise HOME when I shout at it so gave up!<br>
<br>
Anyone got any idea what to do as I don't think I can assign my 'voice tag' to the Blackberry.<br>
<br>
All the best

·
Banned
390 Posts
Brilliant -Thank you

Absolutely brilliant, many thanks for your help. Unfortunately I don't know Homer's phone number or I would have programmed that in and called to say thanks.

Best ManoTM

·
Registered
152 Posts
Use the voice command 'HELP!' and it will tell you what the available options are

·
Registered
702 Posts
Good luck. I gave up trying to get the voice control to work on my A5. All was well with inputting names and numbers until I said "store". At which point it would try to add "star eight" to the number. F*cking thing !!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
To be honest guys the speech control in the A3 was very painful.. It was much easier just to use the steering wheel controls to dial the number.. It is an overrated feature and I am glad it was switched off on my A5.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts