Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm brand new to the forum and evaluating the 2010 S5 Cabriolet for purchase. I have a question regarding a "special coating" on the seats that I've posed to a couple of Boston area dealers that they could not answer.

Searching on Google, I found the following: "Another special feature is provided in the optional leather upholstery: a special coating inhibits solar heating while the Cabriolet is parked in the sun with the top down. This coating reflects infrared radiation and thus lowers the surface temperature by up to 20 degrees Celsius." This is great, if true, especially if I ordered the black interior!

My question: Is the special coating on the S5 Cabriolet seats only found on the optional Milano leather seats or also the Silk Nappa (standard S5 seat) S5 seats? I prefer the standard S5 seats as they seem more comfortable.

Anyone know the straight answer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone know the straight answer?

Thanks!
Short answer no - but I do have a S5 Cabriolet, with the S seats and there was no option for these to get the special coating in the UK spec. The last time I left the car in the sun the seats warmed up like normal leather seats.

Best I can do.

welcome, BTW...

Gary

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gary, I appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like a lot of solar power wasted, what do you think about the audi e-tron? It's an electric one and you can install it a battery inverters, solar panels, Solar panel monitoring and some other stuff and now you have full electric autonomy in your vehicle! It's great, you can travel long distances this way and don't need to waste time on an special electric charging station!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it's true that special coating inhibits solar heating, that's pretty cool! It's good because I hate when my car is overheated because of the sun. I think that the sun is only beneficial in terms of solar power systems to get more energy. By the way, I recently installed it in my house and bought Battery inverters , and to be honest, I think it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a cab. Been on various audi forums for 5 years. Never heard of such a thing. Post a link to the information you found

1 - 6 of 6 Posts