Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A5 is due to build in 4 weeks. I want to change the 17" wheels, but the dealer says it could be a problem as it has already being scheduled. Anybody got any experience of changing specs & how close this can be actioned in relation to their build week. Can't see how it should be a problem?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
My A5 is due to build in 4 weeks. I want to change the 17" wheels, but the dealer says it could be a problem as it has already being scheduled. Anybody got any experience of changing specs & how close this can be actioned in relation to their build week. Can't see how it should be a problem?
Once the car has been given a scheduled build slot normally you can't make any changes to it after this point.
Maybe you two should get together and Rebel can buy Saj's 19" S5 oem wheels - kill two birds with one stone as it were...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Once the dealer says its being built you can't but I notice he hasn't said that yet or has he. I changed my colour and trim about 4 weeks after i ordered it

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
you can make changes up to the point it has been scheduled and is in the build queue.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Seem to be two schools of thought here. I thought you could make changes until you got to (or very close to) the actual build date. I did change my color a day or two after I was assigned a build week. Either way - the only way you are going to find out is to try to put the changes in the system ASAP!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will know for definite tomorrow as my contact in the dealership is back after the break. Spoke to one of the office administrators & she indicated doubts. Am familiar enough with high volume manufacturing & process scheduling, but am also of the belief that if you shout loud enough & escalate, then it can be done. Will update you guys tomorrow. Tks for the input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to the dealer today. He gave me 2 options.

1. Specify the wheels at source, but lose the slot & push delivery out by a further 4 weeks.

2. Speak to his parts department & negotiate a trade in on the 17" rims & tyres. They offered me an 18" option 5-spoke alloy for an all-in price of €1100 incl Dunlop or Michelin tyres. Also offered me a 10 spoke option @ €700 incl tyres. He is going to mail me photos of each option tomorrow.

I will review when I get these, but have'nt ruled out pushing out the arrival date in order to get the OEMs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.