Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A5 is due to build in 4 weeks. I want to change the 17" wheels, but the dealer says it could be a problem as it has already being scheduled. Anybody got any experience of changing specs & how close this can be actioned in relation to their build week. Can't see how it should be a problem?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
My A5 is due to build in 4 weeks. I want to change the 17" wheels, but the dealer says it could be a problem as it has already being scheduled. Anybody got any experience of changing specs & how close this can be actioned in relation to their build week. Can't see how it should be a problem?
Once the car has been given a scheduled build slot normally you can't make any changes to it after this point.
Maybe you two should get together and Rebel can buy Saj's 19" S5 oem wheels - kill two birds with one stone as it were...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Once the dealer says its being built you can't but I notice he hasn't said that yet or has he. I changed my colour and trim about 4 weeks after i ordered it

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
you can make changes up to the point it has been scheduled and is in the build queue.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Seem to be two schools of thought here. I thought you could make changes until you got to (or very close to) the actual build date. I did change my color a day or two after I was assigned a build week. Either way - the only way you are going to find out is to try to put the changes in the system ASAP!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will know for definite tomorrow as my contact in the dealership is back after the break. Spoke to one of the office administrators & she indicated doubts. Am familiar enough with high volume manufacturing & process scheduling, but am also of the belief that if you shout loud enough & escalate, then it can be done. Will update you guys tomorrow. Tks for the input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to the dealer today. He gave me 2 options.

1. Specify the wheels at source, but lose the slot & push delivery out by a further 4 weeks.

2. Speak to his parts department & negotiate a trade in on the 17" rims & tyres. They offered me an 18" option 5-spoke alloy for an all-in price of €1100 incl Dunlop or Michelin tyres. Also offered me a 10 spoke option @ €700 incl tyres. He is going to mail me photos of each option tomorrow.

I will review when I get these, but have'nt ruled out pushing out the arrival date in order to get the OEMs.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Tough call, but I'd somewhat lean toward the dealer replacement. That said, many people have commented on how anything less than 19" shows too much wheel well, and it still isn't ideal even then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.