Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am getting a faint but definite crackling sound from the rear speaker passenger side. Playing around with the fader and balance, I am almost certain that I have narrowed it down
Is it likely to be just a loose connection ? Is it something that I can self trace and hopefully fix or do I need to blow another half day at the dealership ? Any similar experiences
I have the Audi Symphony music system (no NAV)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Am getting a faint but definite crackling sound from the rear speaker passenger side. Playing around with the fader and balance, I am almost certain that I have narrowed it down
Is it likely to be just a loose connection ? Is it something that I can self trace and hopefully fix or do I need to blow another half day at the dealership ? Any similar experiences
I have the Audi Symphony music system (no NAV)
If you had NAV you would have found it more easily:):):):D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha - but seriously does anyone know if removing the speaker grill/housing and checking the wiring is straight forward and doesnt require any special tools

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tinny tweaker sound

this one is different but my left front tweaker (driver side that is) sounds a bit tinny now and again, being most pronounced during phone calls using the bluetooth. Seems not to be managing with some frequenceis. Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tweeter replaced

I had to have my tweeter replaced in the end. had enough and took it in. Most pronounced on the hands free. High frequencies sounded very 'metallic'. Now it's all good. Also had to get the tint replaced on the drivers side as sand got in and scratched it. Didn't have the car for almost 5 days. Was so excited to get it back, like buying it all over again. Went and hit the highway straight away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts