Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I'm running H&Rs with 20mm front, 25mm rear. It's aggressive, but I love the look. H&R's 25mm spacers are the DRA series, which bolt to the hub and the wheel bolts to the spacer, so you don't need new bolts. H&R offers 20mm spacers in both DRA and DR; the DR series does require new bolts, as the wheel bolts must go through the spacer to reach the hub.

As for the wheel bolts, the stock length is 27mm, so you'll need to add the desired spacer width in millimeters to the stock 27mm to get the appropriate length. Audi uses ball seat bolts (as opposed to conical seat); ball size is R13.

I'm lowered in this pic:

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
If you get aftermarket wheels, you'll need to accommodate offset and rim width to determine how much spacer you'll want, if at all. It'll be a complicated fitment that the retailer should be able to help you with. Consider that the stock offset is ET32; adding spacers will reduce (yes, reduce - there's an inverse relationship) the offset by the exact width of the spacers in millimeters. If you have 8.5" wheels, it'll be the same offset. Note that, with many aftermarket wheels, you can choose custom offsets that'll allow you to achieve the desired look without spacers. Note also that most aftermarket wheels use conical seat bolts.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Sorry; replacing the double-posting I did on my BBerry

No, there should be no effect on Drive Select performance or function. Drive Select does three things: quickens throttle response, quickens steering ratio and lowers boost, and stiffens suspension. Spacers won't affect the performance of any of those functions.

Spacers won't affect ESP/traction control, either. ESP does its magic based upon inputs for wheel speed (and wheel slip based upon that), throttle position, brake position, steering angle, yaw/lateral force, and road speed. Again, none of these are affected by spacers.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Do you mean 20 mm / 25 mm on each wheel or do you mean on each axle? I'm guessing axle since you said aggresive, but just wanted to be sure :)
I am running 20mm/25mm at each wheel, so a total track widening of 40/50mm. I think yields a perfect look on stock wheels.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Im looking at the spacers at Madaudi.com..what do you guys recommend on the spacers..20, 25, 30mm? also...Do i need the wheel bolts?
Hi I also need help, I was looking for the DRA 20mm per wheel option on mad Audi but couldn't find it. Anyone know the part number from H&R?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hi I also need help, I was looking for the DRA 20mm per wheel option on mad Audi but couldn't find it. Anyone know the part number from H&R?
Part number is 40556654. Pure Motorsport carries them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am running 20mm/25mm at each wheel, so a total track widening of 40/50mm. I think yields a perfect look on stock wheels.
+1! I have this setup as well and with a 1" drop, the car looks perfect IMHO.

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got 25mm rear and 20mm front H&R spacers on the car yesterday, i'm going to change to 15mm at the front so the 20mm's are now up for sale as i like the rear looking wider then the front.

Has anyone else noticed that after putting spacers on, you can now see that the passenger side wheel seems to stick ever so slightly further out?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just got 25mm rear and 20mm front H&R spacers on the car yesterday, i'm going to change to 15mm at the front so the 20mm's are now up for sale as i like the rear looking wider then the front.

Has anyone else noticed that after putting spacers on, you can now see that the passenger side wheel seems to stick ever so slightly further out?
Um, clarify... because, of course, the spacers will make the side wheel come out more :mallet:

·
Registered
436 Posts
The passenger side front wheel looks like its slightly further out then the driver side wheel. I've only just noticed this since putting the spacers on.
Hmm.. yeah, its easy to get caught up into an optical illusion.. However, when you fitted the H&R's, did you tighten down properly in a star pattern and cinch up the DRA bolts all the way? Did you clean everything and made sure there wasn't any rust or fitment issues? Kinda silly questions but its pretty improbably that the H&R mm width was off on the spacer.. UNLESS they accidently sent you a 20 and 25 and put them in the same box... Make sure you align your wheel straight on as best you can..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Goodday all,
does anyone has a picture with a standard S5 (not lowered) with the 19"' and 20mm spacers at the back?
Thanks (a lot!).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.