Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys are probably tired of reading these posts but after looking through a couple of posts on spacers im still a bit confused:confused:, in plain english what do spacers do for your car lol im looking for a simple answer

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pushes the wheels further out towards the wheel arch,this increases the overall width/track,this should improve road holding/stability:)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think most people on here who've purchased them did so for aesthetic reasons. The general consensus seems to be that the stock wheel setup has the wheels sitting a bit too far inward, which results in the car not looking as "aggressive" as it could with the wheels being pushed out further to edge of the fender.

The pics below demonstrate what I'm referring to.

Pic 1 - S5 with no spacers (notice how the rear wheel sits inward)
Pic 2 - S5 with spacers 15mm rear / 5mm front (notice how the rear wheel sits flush with fender edge)

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TXcarguy audi should hire you as an S5 spokes man so far everytime ive had a question about anythin pertaining to the S5 you either have an answer or show me where i can find the answer thanks for your help. and is it smart to use different spacers between the front and rear wheels

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You're quite welcome. Glad to be of help. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
TXcarguy audi should hire you as an S5 spokes man so far everytime ive had a question about anythin pertaining to the S5 you either have an answer or show me where i can find the answer thanks for your help. and is it smart to use different spacers between the front and rear wheels
TX...TX...he's our man...if he cant do it....:D

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I have one question, how big spacers are you recomended for original S5 wheels. Does anyone have pics of 15 and 20mm on the car? I heard that alot of people are putting bigger spacers on the rear wheels, what do you think about that.

Thanks alot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.