Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys/Girls

I have just placed my order for an S5 today. I have just read some of the post regarding delayed delivery dates and am now officially worried.

I have been assured of delivery for 2nd week in May. Am I just worrying over nothing or is Audi UK having trouble with deliveries at the moment?

Apart from that I can't wait... Fully loaded S5 that sounds even better than my 04' S4.

The wait begins.... any helpful hints greatly appreciated - as I still have a few days until the order is set in stone according to the sales team.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congrats on soon becoming an S5 owner! Some of the UK folks on here should be able to provide you with info on whether or not they have experienced order delays recently.

Please be sure to update your profile to display your location. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I visited Reading Audi today and was told that delivery times are getting better. Average wait for A5 is about 8 weeks. Didn't ask about S5 though-out of my price range!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Rockypilot :thumbsup:

As far as i am aware the turnaround for S5 orders is coming down but not as much as one would expect, a pre specced one can be had much now, but a self specced one is still a bit of a wait !!!

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I was looking on Autotrader and found this;

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...hicleYearOfManufacture=2008&vehicleRegLetter=

Has anyone seen a cheaper S5 Tip? It has even made me think about foregoing the wait on a new 2.0T (211PS) Quattro S Line S Tronic!
Lovely car, but 16000 miles since September last year. That thing has been driven. I guess as long as it has been serviced appropriately it's not a bad buy. If only my company would let me buy used.....

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lovely car, but 16000 miles since September last year. That thing has been driven. I guess as long as it has been serviced appropriately it's not a bad buy. If only my company would let me buy used.....
Should it not be a 58 plate if it was registered in September 2008? It could be two weeks shy of being 1 year old if it was registered on 1 March 2008 to be on a 08 plate as shown. Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm, it's all well and good buying secondhand cars, but that could either be a pure 16k motorway or motorway plus loads of cold engine spanking. Personally, I am going to keep the car, so would rather have it from new.

I just hope 'Sprint Blue' is the correct choice - I loved my Nogaro Blue S4 - hope this colour waxes up as well.....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You shouldn't have too long to wait, most likely about 3 months which is very short considering some of us like myself waited 6 months but that was back when the car had just come out.

I'm suprised you didn't consider a used S5, there a good few bargins out there at the moment, as most a near or close to fully loaded and cost about £10,000 - £15,000 less than a brand new one.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Should it not be a 58 plate if it was registered in September 2008? It could be two weeks shy of being 1 year old if it was registered on 1 March 2008 to be on a 08 plate as shown. Or am I missing something?
Yes, you're right, I'm a dickhead!!:wall:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes, you're right, I'm a dickhead!!:wall:
No you're not. And come to think about it I doubt it was registered on 1 March 2008 either as, whilst I'm not sure, I don't think the S5 Tips were introduced that long ago. It is all a bit academic for me as whilst I was surprised at the price I don't really want the additional running costs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.