Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I´m from Portugal and i´m really interested to buy a Audi A5, but i have some questions and i need your help :)

1 - This engine (1.8) have power to A5 ? I am concerned that the engine has little power to the car it is..

2 - For example, this car runs less than the 2.0 TDI? Or is the same? Or is better?

3 - The performance of this car is good?

4 - So how many euros can I get a A5 1.8 T used in Germany?

5 - This version (1.8T) has the screen like this ?? :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/24/Audi_MMI_1.jpg/800px-Audi_MMI_1.jpg

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
463 Posts
Boas CR26, benvindo ao forum. Mete portugal na teu profile sffv. Agora tenho de falar ingles pros outros perceberem :).

So far 1.8T owners said that they were surprised with the performance after being concerned while waiting for their cars.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
1) / 3) And looking at the figures, the 1.8T does go from 0-100 km/h in a very respectable 8,4 seconds. I have test driven the A5 1.8T and I also used to drive an older generation A4 1.8T and I always thought that was quite perky too - and it was a few tenths of a seconds slower than the A5 1.8T is.

It all depends where you are coming from, but if you are coming from a slower car - or a much slower car - then A5 1.8T will be plenty fast and quite enough for the size and style of the vehicle. I doubt it would feel like a slouch for you in that case, quite the opposite.

On the other hand, if you are coming from faster cars then I suggest waiting for a test-drive opportunity.

2) I don't know the figures for 2.0 TDI A5, I don't know if they are public yet, but the 2.0 TDI 105 kW A4 is slower than the A5 1.8T. If the A5 gets more power or torque in 2.0 TDI then it might compete with the A5 1.8T.

4) http://www.autoscout24.de/ has A5 1.8Ts in the 30-40 thousand euro range depending on equipment, go take a look there.

5) As for the MMI screen I think you are referring to (the picture you posted is from the Audi Q7 featuring MMI High), all A5 have a screen - but the size and colour of that screen depends on the equipment level in the car (and somewhat on the level of standard equipment in your country).

There are three big screens (and two different small screens, colour and red/yellow, for the instrument panel but that is not relevant here) available:

- 6.5 inch monochrome red screen (screen has much less height and resolution than with the colour screens) associated with MMI basic plus that comes with the CD navigation system. This is a true MMI setup (although the smaller one), like in A6/Q7, (with a MOST fiber-optic loop running throughout the car) which can connect to MMI components like AMI, but it is only monochrome screen. In this setup you get the MMI control buttons below the gear lever like A6/A8/Q7.

- I believe you get the same 6.5 inch monochrome red screen associated with the cheapest Chorus radio, not available in all countries. In this case the media controls are in the radio faceplate (not below gear lever) and the car does not have true MMI setup (no fiber-optics, just a radio with a separate screen) and very limited connectivity to media system expansions, I don't think you can even get phone-prep with the Chorus radio.

- 6.5 colour screen (much higher than the monochrome red screen) comes with the Concert and Symphony radios. Again, this is not a true MMI setup (no fiber-optics, not compatible with Audi Music Interface, TV module or things like that), but it does look quite like the true colour MMI High - like in the picture you posted - would look like. A bit better connectivity here, these radios have phone-prep option, not the true MMI component, but still an equivalent like previous generation A4 navi/A3. The media controls are again in the radio faceplate (not below gear lever).

- The full 7.0 inch colour screen and MMI High with MOST fiber-optics and availability of all MMI components (like Audi Music Interface, SIM Profile car phone, TV module, etc.) comes with the DVD Navigation option. In this setup you get the MMI control buttons below the gear lever like A6/A8/Q7.

The screen is always in the same place independent of what level of equipment you have, there are just three different actual screens that are there depending on the options selected for the car.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well the only thing i can add really is visit your local dealer if you have one.

Welcome CR26, and loc :)

Have you ordered already loc? Seem to know your Audi's :)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks robb! This is a very nice site, I thought I'd try and contribute a bit too on occasion.

No, no order in yet but I'm looking at it. A5 is a mighty impressive car. I'm still waiting for the engine options list to mature a bit before making a call.

...and yes, I guess I have bought an Audi or few in my time. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts