Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've noticed lots of new people joining the forum over the last few weeks but few of you have actually introduced yourselves.

It would be nice to get a little intro and maybe a little about the car you've ordered or currently drive.

Enjoy and Happy New Year to all of you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hi everyone, i am from Toronto Canada... I am new to the forum (i am a regular on the e90 forum)... i have been thinking about ordering a S5 for some time now (i am considering between the S5 with tiptronic and the 335xi w/ M sport package; but the M sport package is not available yet in Canada and no one knows for sure when it will be offered in US/Canada and i don't want to keep waiting). unfortunately, the tiptronic version of the S5 date of arrival in Canada is also unknown... so i just kind of stuck waiting....

i am also considering the A5 with s-line b/c the S5 is too thirsty (its only drawback in my mind)... but then that's not available yet either....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello
I am from N.Ireland and previousley owned a BMW e90 320si but decided to change to a coupe looked at many e92's but couldn't get the right deal wanted a 330d or 335d M sport but none within price range so I looked at the A5 and was impressed so I ordered
Brilliant red
3.0 quattro sport
19 y wheels
comfort pack
silver leather heated
bluetooth
hillhold
interior light pkg
will be adding
privacy glass
rear wheel spacers 10mm
thought about sat nav but at 2k not VFM IMO
and delivery takes place tomorrow
and thats me!!!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi everyone, i am from Toronto Canada... I am new to the forum (i am a regular on the e90 forum)...unfortunately, the tiptronic version of the S5 date of arrival in Canada is also unknown... so i just kind of stuck waiting....

i am also considering the A5 with s-line b/c the S5 is too thirsty (its only drawback in my mind)... but then that's not available yet either....
Welcome to the forum, i'm sure your both going to find using this site great as there's a decent bunch of people on here.

and delivery takes place tomorrow and thats me!!!
Wish I could say that too :(

G

·
Hi all, I've noticed lots of new people joining the forum over the last few weeks but few of you have actually introduced yourselves.

It would be nice to get a little intro and maybe a little about the car you've ordered or currently drive.

Sir yes Sir :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
introduction (belated)

Sorry Again! I have been a devotee to Italian cars- i have a friendly local dealer and there is something about the style / design - my last car was an Alfa GT and before that a Fiat Coupe 20VT- I loved the five cylinder warble and turbo power in the Fiat, and had a v6 Alfa with arguably one of the finest sounding engines this side of a Ferrari. I have been looking for a suitable replacement for some weeks- tempted (very) by the BMW 3 litre twin turbo engine and even got as far as putting down a deposit :eek: but when i saw the A5 demonstrator i loved the style / shape that is subtle but more adventurous than most of the range from Audi (R8 and TT excepted). I have been a keen forum member on the Fiat Coupe and Alfa Owner http://www.alfaowner.comforums so i hope this will be as friendly and helpful as those forums :)

·
Registered
163 Posts

Hi, rookie member joing the forum from Toronto Canada. I have been a BMW lover for the last 7 years and was ready to purchase the new 335 until I saw the new S5. Once I took it for a spin, I was sold. The looks, the sound, the performance left me no choice but to switch to Audi. Although the S5 was my dream, the 350+ horsepower would no doubt get me into trouble so I ordered the A5 instead - BUT I get also order the S-Line package, so I'll be close to an S5. I wanted a light colour interior after having black for my last 2 cars but the S-Line only comes with a black interior, so I went with black on black. Also ordered the MMI package and in Canada, all other options are inlcuded. I guess Audi Canada's way of preventing us from cross-border shopping. My only unknown is the rims that the S-line cones with. The books describes them as 19" thin-Y shaped but I noticed that there are several in the options that look like Y-shaped. I don't take delivery till April as I have the 3rd one on order for Canada, so I am patiently waiting. This forum is great BTW with lots of great info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The first club I've joined in years.

New member today. A5 3.0TDI quattro, manual (no choice) meteor grey with cinnamon leather. Owner of Audi cars for over 20 years and waited 11 years for the new coupe (I had one of the previous model). My first ever diesel. I live in England and flew to the Geneva Motor Show in the spring of 2007 to see and sit in the new A5 on launch before placing an order back home. I knew more about the car than the salesman who hadn't even seen one nor did he have any brochures. I showed him the German one I picked up at the motor show because none had been printed in English! Delivery of the car was delayed a month from July to August 2007 (told it was a train strike in Germany) I didn't complain but Audi sent me a cheque for £500 (US$1,000) as an apology! My wife and I were invited to a celebrity chef dinner and official A5/S5 launch locally, which was really good. Most annoying thing on ordering: I couldn't have the sports package with cinnamon seats but I had to have black headlining (wasn't sure but now love it). I had to pay separately for the alloy wheels and sports suspension because they didn't do sports seats in that colour! Why do car makers do that? The car was alot bigger in the real world than I was expecting even though I had compared measurements with my old Sportback but I like that now. After a few weeks the leather stitching on the driver's seat back started coming apart and a new skin had to be ordered; a day in the garage with an A3 on loan (daren't take it to work) for it to be replaced and I will soon be complaining as the new skin is starting to look like a boxer's face after 15 rounds - lumpy. Interested to see there have been quality control problems on seats and that is my experience for the first time ever with Audi. But the car is beautiful and a pleasure to drive. Within a few weeks of picking it up I did a 300 mile non-stop journey and felt as fresh at the end as the beginning. It went like the clappers too; won't tell you what speed but it is the acceleration I love most- in third gear especially it is remarkable. Fuel consumption is excellent; mixed urban motorway and cross country journeys of 17 miles to and from work get me over 40 mpg. The A5 is still not a common sight on the roads here and gets admiring remarks and stares. Would I recommend it? Yes, and I've done so. Would I get another? Yes. But whatever I get next it must have the 3.0 TDI engine; I'm in love with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
New Member - Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I from Nottingham in the UK.

Currently driving Audi TT for the last 2 1/2 years first time with a Audi it has been a positive time.

On order with a delivery of 1st March A5 Sport1.8TFSi, Quartz grey,black leather,cruise control,hill hold, light upgrade.

I did play off 2 dealers to get a discount of £2,000 and I didn't have to take there finance out either.

Great result excellent car at the right price all I need now is to drive it!

I have enjoyed the forum so far it well help to fill the gap until March.

:)

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I think we're defeating the purpose of this section by using this thread.

If all new members, in future, could make their own threads up please, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rab.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.